Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rolled my predator today...wasn't going to fast but was on a hill and it rolled over 1 and a half times and not a scratch on it. All it did was break the part of the plastic on the front fender underneath where it is held onto the gas tank. Unless you look closely you can't really tell it's even broken. Nothing bent, shifted, cracked or otherwise. Just a check in the plus column for how these things hold up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I did the exact same thing yesterday. Does anyone know how to repair this. My right side sticks off the gas tank now. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
rolled mine yeterday wide open in 3rd and broke my collar bone. i guess i wont be putting the nitrous kit on! anyone want to buy it, new in the package, Nitrous express.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Killa....I hooked a rut on a flat track some time ago and rolled (didn't figure there'd be a deep rut on a track ment to be flat). I noticed mine sticking out as well. Upon closer inspection I found that it was the front fender support that was bent. Look close and take everything loose if you have to in order to fit it back up. You should be able to take care of it pretty easily.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I rolled my predator for the first time on friday, bent the support bar for the front fender and broke off the clip that holds it to the gas tank. I am letting the epoxy set up right now, it dosent look like there is a whole lot of stress on that area normally so I think it should hold up. My handlebars moved down a little too but the new position dosent feel too bad... I will have to check that out a little more and make sure nothing is bent.

I was sliding a turn on flat smooth dirt in second gear and it just bit, rolled over sideways all the way back onto the wheels (and me). I only got a scraped knee and elbow, both me and predator will be ready to go for next weekend so I feel lucky.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I forgot to mention....be sure to check the steering stop. It bends real easy. You may find yourself turning further one way than the other. From the front it's the tab with a blue line on it attached to the stearing stem.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have ridden an all day ride twice since I rolled and I think everything is ok. Everything seems to be holding up. Wednesday I am going to look into everything even closer to make sure. Kevin, I'm not sure what exactly you mean about the blue line tab that bends. I am going to look again, just glanced at it while I was on my way to work. I'll find it but is that all I should check??

·
Registered
176 Posts
I bought some plastic welder, and I am gonna see if that will be able to repair the tab that holds it to the gas tank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I rolled my predator a few weeks ago sliding into a turn and got to much traction. It did a few flips and came down on the side your supposed to ride on. I twisted and bent the steering stem and cracked the rear plastic. I also bent the frame where the steering stem connects by the gas tank. That really sucked, but I took it to a local body shop and they straightened and re-enforced the frame. Seems to work good now. The body shop said the upper part of the frame is weak spot and is likely to bend unless it is braced. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I wonder if Polaris is going to come up with a cheaper fix other than saying you need to replace the front plastic and/or gas tank. If that is the case Full Bore plastic may get my business. Better plastic that don't break with the first roll over is better all around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts