Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took out all the rings and the thing in side of my pipe was that a bad idea all i am running it with is the pipe and end cap nothing in between what is the best set up

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I run all the discs that came with the silencer, plus an additional two. Still stays around 98 db @ 50% throttle.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sound dose not matter to me i want performance ....will it hurt the motor because i took the silencer piece out or what ever it is

·
Registered
993 Posts
most likley, the piece you are refering to is the spark arrestor, it should be stamped right on it. I added three additional disks to what it had stock and got a slight improvement.

·
Registered
57 Posts
With my new carb from edelbrock they put in 6 discs

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
So much for keeping riding areas open..."sound doesn't matter", "Don't use the flat-plate (spark arrestor)" Wake up people, if you don't care now, you might as well stop worrying about mods, and park the quads. Don't give the dumbass extremist environmental yahoo a reason, be pro-active, not re-active.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah modquad with big words that I dont know what they mean (it makes you sound smart so it will scare them and they will listen to you)... oh it will also confuse them in a good way!

Later for now,

Zack

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what i meant by sound dose not matter is where i ride is on my own track that is in a remote area closet nabber is 10 miles away i just want to know if it will hurt anything by taking the quiet core and all the rings off and just running it with the end cap

P.S. i put the rings and quiet core back in when i leave my property

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
don't want to stir up trouble with u guys sorry if u took that the wrong way

·
Registered
63 Posts
Zack, mate whats up?

Carn't see anything wrong with what he said.

If you don't understand something, just ask.

It's better to ask dumb questions than to make dumb mistakes.

Geoff.

·
Registered
394 Posts
No, Geoff I was being a smart ass and sayin dumb ****. I totally agree with everything he was saying I just had a talk with someone about noise. I was just sayiong he was using big words like re-active. sorry for the confusion.

Zack

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wha i want to know is will i hurt the motor by just runing the end cap and no rings or quiet core

·
Registered
315 Posts
It will be fine with that setup CC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys I took out all the rings and put a turn down end cap on. It's louder but it sure seems to breathe better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts