Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i do all my riding in the dunes and on the weekends when everybodys out. so by mid day the sand is all rutty and i end up taking a beating.i got quoted at my dealer 340.00 just for the kit then i have to take them to be revalved,charged who knows how much that will cost.i only am showing about 2 1/2 " of threds (pre load)I weigh 220lbs.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think the rezzies are worth the $$$. I bought mine at a local shop for $250 for the pair. I had them installed for $100. The big gain is the ability to change the compression to suit the riding conditions, when the riding gets rough you can soften them up. Another trick is to lower the pressure in your tires to about 3lbs front and back. Shop around, check e-bay. If you have to spend more than $400 you might want to look at elka's.

·
Registered
160 Posts
yeah the sand gets terrible. all the long travel buggies dig some serious ruts. thats why im building a funco, ride my pred in the morn, then hop in the rail in the afternoon.

kevin
www.glamisdunes.com

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dunesurfer.....what dealership did you get them from and how long ago?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Go with aftermarkets like Elka. I have them and they are amazing. I race with a few guys who have the rezzies and they are better, but no where near the quality of elkas.

Mine are for sale if you are interested. I paid 1700.00 for the fronts and rear. quad rate ssd compression adj fronts and triple rate ssd comp and rebound adj rear.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bot...if you say the rezzies are better why would i want to buy you're elkas for 1700.00 as opposed to 350.00 for rezzies?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was implying that they are better than stock, not better than elkas. My elkas were 1700.00 new. I'm taking offers on them. I figure they have 8 hours on them if your interested

·
Registered
135 Posts
The rezzies are worth the money. I bought a pair of snowmobile shock rezzies from a Fox Shox dealer for about $300. They have the same valving as the podium rezzie that Polaris sells, just hold a little less oil. He installed them for $50, it only took an hour.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts