·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody found a rev box for the predator

·
Registered
993 Posts
on rath racing's site there is one listed on there comming soon page, along with high compression pistons, carb kits and cams.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi,

The company to look for seems to be Vortex, a well established Australian company that has a lot of modded CDI boxes on the market. They are availble in the USA from a company in Riverside, CA. Check out thier website>>>> www.vortexcdi.com, and the local CA one is>>>>> www.mtracing.com

These boxes are supposed to be available in 2-3 weeks in CA, and are going to be very trick. They will have 10 programable power curves, adjustable from a handlebar switch, and an adjustable rev limiter. I was told they will cost in the area of $350.00 +/-. It is a certain puchase for me, so I can have a little over-rev, unlike the piss-poor engineered stock CDI box.

I was told that Some Polaris factory CDI boxes were found to be bad, with improper factory settings. However, so many people were suspecting it was due to bad jetting, a poor W/B slip-on pipe design, and ??????, that not alot of people have really taken them back to Polaris.

I was hoping that mine was a bad CDI box, and might be replaced under warranty, but mine is not really BAD (i.e.: kicks in way early at 6000-7000 rpm), mine kicks in at 8500, and at this point, it start into a soft retard, which amplifies engine popping...

With a new CDI box like this Vortex, my Pred should run even stronger than it does now, and give that little bit of over-rev, without a lot of very ugly POPPING!!!!

Good luck to all,

JJ

·
Registered
231 Posts
Let us know when you get that new rev box and how you like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts