Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ordered replacement key blanks from Polaris? According to Polaris, the only way to get replacement keys (or additional keys) is to order blanks from Polaris and have them cut by a locksmith. OK, no problem right? Oh... there's a problem... 1st, the dang blanks are EIGHT BUCKS A PIECE! Yup ladies and gentlemen, that was $8.00 US. RIDICULOUS! Oh, it gets better. So I ordered 2 blanks, I was gonna cut one down to fit a cool flaming-skull-head-key-holder I bought off eBay (it was actually for a Banshee, but I figured I could customize it to fit the Pred) and just keep the other for an extra. OK, so the blanks show up and I take them to the local locksmith to get them cut. The locksmith gets half-way through the first cut and realizes it's the wrong key blank! Sure enough... on all (ok, most) keys there is a straight groove cut down the length of the key, well on the key blanks I got from Polaris, that groove is in the wrong place... it's like the key is mirrored or backwards from what it should be. It's very close, at first glance (when I picked the blanks up from the dealer) I didn't ever catch it, but it was obvious when the locksmith pointed it out.

Anyone else ordered key blanks from Polaris? Is this Polaris screwing up, or is this my dealer? I really think it's Polaris, cause I watched my dealer look up the key on their system and the part number on the computer matches the part number on the bag my blanks came in. And the blanks look correct, except for that groove being in the wrong place. I even had the dealer send the blanks back and replace them, Polaris sent the wrong blanks a second time! Unbelievable! Anyone else seen this problem? Let me know. Ride safe-

·
Registered
1 Posts
there are about 10 different key blanks. You need an original key with a number on it. the first two digits indicate which blank you need 20XX requires 20 blanks part number 4010278. you need a better dealer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts