Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I completely grenaded my predator 500 yesterday but I took off the head and what happened was the right exhaust valve for whatever reason took out a little sidewall where the bucket rests and left a tiny crack in the head. I think it was from ice water making the head cool down enough that the valve bucket was too big to move inside the head. But anyways I was wondering if it would be possible to repair the head.. I don’t have high hopes for it being aluminum but you never know. There’s just a berry small crack and a tinny amount of metal missing
515A7726-A53B-4ADF-8B0D-877DC4A7992C.jpeg

·
Registered
8 Posts
ewww thats not good....at all. im wondering how the hell that even happened? i mean the crack isn't that big of a deal as long as it doesn't extend all the way down. little jb will fix that.. but the channel where the bucket sits and slides. would have to get that perfect. or i would assume it would just do the same thing again. never seen one do that before. maybe the hole had ovaled out a bit and got the bucket to **** eye? good luck either way. if it was me. i would take my dremel and try it. but that crack looks like it goes alllll the way down

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahah honestly Idk anymore😂. The crack doesn’t go all the way down, you can see the full crack in the pics. Also I noticed that the lobe on my exhaust cam for the valve is a little messed up.. I don’t know if it’s from it hitting all the debris that was in there or if it broke off a piece first and sent it into the case creating the crack (something flew into it making the crack. You can see an imprint right where the crack is)

·
Registered
8 Posts
oh ok in that last pic it looked like it might have went all the way down. but its a tad blurry. and yeah thats def strange..i would think it's from the debris. but who knows. theres not many things that i can think off that could get lodged. loose random piece wise anyway. unless a piece of the timing chain broke off?lol which i doubt. sure is quire. nothing else was missing that you could find? tesioner is all there?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts