Polaris Riders Forum banner

Remote fox reservoirs for front shocks

6K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  dunerocket 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a pair. Do they improve the suspension? Also can anyone explain how the damping, preload, clicks etc.....work?
Thanks,
Matt

#27 ·
I'll give it time........heck, I already have the best dang shocks on a stock quad out there......yeah the ressies would be great, but I'll get what I've got dialed in first, before I start changing all sorts of things searching for the magic equation. I've already done that on all my yamahas....... Tune and adjust what we've already got guys!

#28 ·
Send your shocks to Rath Racing and Daryl will dual or triple rate em. He dual rates em for 180 a shock. Well worth it.

#30 ·
I've been having problems with my front shocks, they seem to lose the valving on the return/down position, started noticing this about a month ago, took it in to the dealer they coludent find any problem. I had them install the resevoirs, but the problem still exists. Has anybody had this limp shock problem, my dealer is out of ideas, Polaris is lost and carver perf. who makes the shocks cant figure this one out! Try this out for me owners, check the front end of your quads to see if it does this, just lift the weight off the front and see if one of the shocks travels down faster then the other and clunks... thanks

#31 ·
That sounds to me like there's a seal in the shock that isn't holding pressure, and/or the nitrogen in the shock has leaked out. A simple rebuild should cure the problem.

Rob

#32 ·
bought them and returned them to much trouble to install my self and to costly to have dealer do it going to install a hole different shock and res all together ..coming froma mechanic of 18 years not worth the weight i gold going totally aftermarket .. just my 2 cents...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.