Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a pair. Do they improve the suspension? Also can anyone explain how the damping, preload, clicks etc.....work?
Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have read conflicting stories on how the dampening adjustments actually work compared to stock. One said that they will give you more and less then the stock setting and the other said it will only increase from the stock setting. I would hope it would go each side of stock, softer and firmer. Time will tell..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
retail= $189.00 each. My dealer said they will sell each one for $143.00 each. I will wait to see other replies or news to see if they work before spending $286.00

·
Registered
453 Posts
You also have to add in the charge for installing them on the shocks and the recharging of the shock..

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I've also heard conflicting stories. And at that price, plus an estimated $90 for the recharging and installtion, I decided to pass. If I need a better shock setup later on, I'll get some Elkas that are double or triple adjustable.

What I'd also like is to find a shop that can custom-wind springs. I'd love to come up with some nice progressive springs that would work with the preloads on full soft. IMO that's how they SHOULD work... you shouldn't have to tighten them down, thus reducing suspension travel, to make it work for you.

Rob

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
You can't have a better mod for the Predator...other than adding the Walker Evan's shocks. The rezzi's are identical to the front with the 8 positions of adjustment. As Polaris told me, setting #6 is equivalent to stock w/o ressi. So that means you have a total of 5 softer settings to play with. Also don't forget the benefits of additional cooling with the added oil. I've been running mine on positions 3 and 4. They are well worth the cash.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
despite controversy I did go ahead and have my dealer order and install the the reservoirs. I called today and they said it was ready to go despite them fixing the mechanical water pump seal, air box lid, master cylinder and brakes all in all. I'm not bitching but the bike has been there a week. But when I get to ride and play around with settings I will let guys or gals know if it was worth all the those benjamins. ;} modquad, hope it is softer than stock

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Trust me, it's much better. Try 'em on 3 or 4. Totally different machine.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Gosh, almost makes me wish I'd kept mine...

But $500?? Nah...

Rob

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
How did you manage that? My dealer shows $189.95 EACH... plus $90 to have them installed/recharged.

Rob

·
Registered
33 Posts
If I had the ability to get them for $289 includind installation I'd be taking my bike down to the dealer instead of reading a messageboard right now. ;)

Seriously, that sounds like a great deal. I should look into what my dealer would charge. I was assuming a $500 price, so I didn't really look into it too seriously at the moment.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok guys and gals....rezzies are on and tested....there is a big difference....setting is 3...... and they are great for landing on a mx track.....also took it over the rutted out part of the track and it floated through like butter. Total cost Parts= $289 labor=$55. My personal opinion is..............go get a set, there GREAAAAAAAAAAAAT.
p.s. I will be adding a pick to my profile page.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Not sure, but I think my article and pics should be in the next ATV Sport issue also. Glad to hear another rezzi success story!!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ive asked this before, but Ill try again. Has anyone had experience with the Walker Evan shocks? Elka makes a set of longer travel, self saggin device, compression adj, remote ressies triple rates for the same price.

Elka says those shocks have 3/4 of an inch more travel. Equals to 2 more inches of wheel travel.

I would think the elkas would be the better buy. Anyone have an opinion?

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
If it were me, I'd get the Elkas. The Walkers don't have enough adjustability for the price.

Rob

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got the walker evans front shocks and they are awesome compared to stock. Another guy that bought a pred when I did got a pair of fox rezzies and brought them back cause he wasnt impressed, he said they werent worth the money? The walker evans have plenty of adjustability IMO. I only paid $675 for my walker evans installed, couldnt pass up that deal!! I would have paid the $899.00 for them if I had too.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts