Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a bit skeptical, but a-lot of people swear by it, changed out all my coolant and added purified water and some of redline's water weter. it seems to work very well. the bottle claims it should drop your temps by 20 degrees, I did not see that, but it did drop just over ten degrees.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How much does the water weter cost?

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
that stuff is expensive though!! I went to look for that stuff at my cycle center and autozone and its 9.99!!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Pep Boys is normally $6 per bottle. When you figure the mix ratio is 4oz/gallon of distilled water, that's a whole lotta coolant. I've run it on my race mod for a couple of years, actually removed the cooling fan, and have done quite a bit of harescramble training in 95-100 degree heat, the temp gauge stayed at 160. If you couple it's use with a pair of radiator scoops, it really cuts the fan run time down quite a bit. ( that's slow technial woods ridding, out in the open, the fan rarely runs) Along with an infra-red temp gun, gonna do some testing on the inline coolers also. I'll post the results. Gonna try one of those jumbo honkin' units off that company on E-bay.

·
Registered
429 Posts
You don't have to get rid of the coolant to use water wetter. Just add it to your existing system. Also, it doesn't keep your system from freezing or prevent corrosion so be sure to keep antifreeze in the system.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't have to remove the coolant, but it works much better mixed with only water, with the coolant in it will not lower the temps that much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts