Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a new ATV forum a few weeks ago that I think is really outstanding... it's ATVOutdoors.net, though right now the url is http://www.karnesec.net/schef/image/forum/default.asp (I haven't figured that out yet, I suppose I should ask the site owner).

At any rate, it's a great forum with a great bunch of people. I just needs more traffic. They aren't anal in the least like, say, ATV Connection (home of the biggest jerk of a site owner I have ever encountered in my 12+ years of being on the Internet).

Rob

·
Registered
22 Posts
RobG,
Congratulations on the new site it looks great! I hope you'll reconsider leaving the Frontier; we can really use your knowledge, not many people own 3 different bikes at the same time. Besides it gets a little lonely over in the Cat section. :)
Hope there's no problems with me signing up, Weasel created a link to the homepage so maybe we can steer a few people your way. Anyways I'll pop in once and awhile to see how things are going.

Congratulations,
TG1

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi TG1! Hey you are completely welcome here.

As for Frontier, I don't know if I will return or not. I have an enormous problem with admins who edit people's posts. I will NOT edit anyone's post on this forum perhaps with a SINGLE exception of vulgar language (to replace it with *** for example), until I get a filter written for it. I don't even have a link to be able to edit anyone's post either. I removed it earlier today. The ONLY person who can edit a post on this site is the owner of that post.

If a post is so bad that it has to be edited, I feel that it should be deleted... and if it's at the start of a thread, then the whole thread should go. But then the originator should be INFORMED in private email of the deletion and why, so they have an opportunity to re-post.

Rob

·
Registered
22 Posts
ATVconnection seems to be a sinking ship, more people are getting fed up and leaving. I've stopped by the Cat section several times to see who's been posting and most of the veterans have moved on to other forums, too bad because at one time the connection was the place to be. At one point I had thoughts of returning under a different name but decide it wasn’t worth the effort.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you ever need help setting up a cat forum let me know.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have to agree that The Connnection sucks. I quit a while ago and post a bit at WWW.ATVOUTDOORS.NET as mentioned earlier. Nice buncha guys and could use a few more.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope to launch another forum in another week or two that will be more like a normal ATV forum, but the main focus will be on ghost town and mine exploring. It'll have areas for all of the brands of utility quads, including Arctic Cat.

I'm just finishing up some stuff on the forum software to make it better suited to handle multiple domains.

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the link Rob. I know the real address is rather long, but that is because I have not yet opted for a paid server. However, www.atvoutdoors.net will get you to the right place. It is a domain redirect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts