Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I think I'm about ready for some Maxxis Bighorn tires for my Sportsman 800. Three of my four stock tires no longer hold air very well, and at 1500 miles are definitely starting to show their age.

Who has seen the best prices on these tires? The best raw price I've found has been from ATVOutfitters.net, but since they're back east, shipping is costly.

So the next option I found is Rocky Mountain ATV. They have free shipping, so the price comes out to about $30-40 less... that price being $385.96. That's for a pair of 26x9x12 and 26x12x12.

Anybody know of anything cheaper?

Rob

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I am ready for some too, just my wallet isnt ready yet! ROFL

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
someone on the web should match or beat that shipped. just ask.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I want some Swamp Foxes. They look cool and are cheaper than BigHorns. Big Honrs are what I would consider an "all terrain" tire. I have too much mud out here to run those.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
One of the guys I went to the KY trip with had some Swamp Fox on his Rincon 680, they look real aggressive and he did well in all situations.

you can find him on http://www.atvoffroad.net/forums "Mudbears" his name.
if you wan to ask questions

2 others had Bighorns and like them and did well too but I would agree more rocks and all around less for mud.

Jim

·
Registered
800 Posts
I would like to see some pics of his machine for sure. Do you know what size he runs ??

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I emailed him and will try to find out.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Mudbear can be found here...

thread entitled - Thinking Kentucky...again!!! - in the Where to Ride forum of ATV Offroad Club of Michigan Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://www.atvoffroad.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3864&goto=newpost

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
all i could get out of him on the Swamp Fox is...

"my tires are 26 in swamp foxes
bought them in harlan ky $285 installed with taxes 2 years ago"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Schneble_ky...

I'm getting some xtr's mounted up Tues. or Wed.. They beat the best online price I found by $100. I'll check on a price for the Swamp Fox's for you. That way you have an excuse to come down to Black Mtn., get your tires mounted up and be at the trail head in 5 min. to try them out.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
that could be the place Mudbear (craig ) got his from.
in Evarts

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
btw, welcome to the site!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got 25" mudlits on ebay.. they beat everyones price by at least 30 dollers, so make sure you chk ebay...its rare but sometimes you find deals. Oh and they had free shipping

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just put 25" Maxxis Mud Bugs on mine. Great for the mud. If you're looking for a less expensive tire, a great alternative to Bighorns are GBC Dirt Tamers. They are basically a non-radial version of the Bighorns.

Check em' out here:
http://www.greenball.com/atvtires/dirttamer.htm

·
Registered
800 Posts
Mudluver, u gat any pics of your tires on your machine ?? what did they run you ??

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I know that the bighorns arent specifically for the mud, but my buddy does VERY well with them. Even when riding in the real deep stuff. The only thing we found is that you need to keep the tires rotating a little faster than normal to keep them cleared out. His bighorns easily out perform my stock PXT's in the mud.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts