Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the Rath upgrades yet? If so, is it a really large improvement? Thinking about sending mine in, but would like others opinions first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am also interested in this mod from Rath. I am planning to do some motocross and cross country racing and would like to avoid spending big bucks on PEP or Axis shocks.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I havnt done it but I know he wants 180 bucks to dual rate em. I decided againts it for now and sent my shocks to carver and got em revalved. They charged 55 a piece. I personally dont have any problems with mine now. I think that a revalve is good enough to dune around in if your not comfortable with the stock valving but I guess getting them resprung would be better for racin.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have my shocks back from rath in a few days, I will post as soon as I get some time on them. They sure do take there time over there, I've been told it's worth the wait, but it has been almost a month now. I guess it isn't so bad, I waited almost 3 months for my last set of pep shocks for one of my other bikes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
RNGMSTR...... Do you know if Rath has a variety of spring rates to choose from or does he have just one setup??

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he has a variety, or I should say pep does, thats where all raths shock parts are from. endless combinations available.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are excellent, I got the triple rate fronts with a duel rate rear. I didn't believe that rath could improve that much at first being it rode so nice stock, but he improved it a ton. I would highly reccommend this upgrade.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
There's a reason Daryl was chosen by Polaris....He's picky and he's fast!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I paid $965.50 for everything, that included installing rezzis on front shocks, new valves and springs for all three shocks, triple rate fronts and duel rate rear. Also included airbox mods and jet kit, plus I paid for next day air, that was quit expensive, I think around $80.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the walker Evan's shocks and i love them they are great for racing but a little pricey if u r short on the green stuff

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also looked at the walker evans, but for the price and what you get, I thought they were crazy, thats why I choose rath's re-spring/re-valve. I believe you get a-lot more for you dollar with rath's upgrades. I saved over $800 from the price of the walker evans. I have rode with both and feel that the rath upgrades perform way better all around and saved me $800.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts