Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten this new cdi yet and if so how is it.I'm thinking about this mod very seriously but before i sink 400+ buckaroonies on this thing I want to know if it's really worth it or should I just get the vortex cdi box for the same price or a few bucks cheeper.Just wondering which way to go.Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I FIGURED ON BUYING ONE BUT I DON'T KNOW AT THAT PRICE!
why so much? other non adjustable boxes, for say like the 400 ex are way cheaper.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I sent them another e-mail to see if that cdi box was programable.I guess it's not so I don't think that it's worth it when the vortex cdi box is programsble and it's around the same price.

·
Registered
993 Posts
When I last talked to Rath, his cdi was not yet available, My vortex works great and is worth every penny of the $416 that I paid. Duncane racing has the vortex available right now, give or take a few bucks, $416 to your door.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I will call up Rath and ask him more on it, and to send me some more info on it. Do'nt forget you can buy any programable sys they sell. But can the stock top end handle it. Only time can tell.
Later

·
Registered
525 Posts
I talk to Daryl today, he said it's ready to ship out now. $400.00 Has 10 settings from 8950-9150rpm. He said he will try to have all the info for it on his web site. Of course he said it makes the Predator rip. I did ask about the pumper carb and it looks like it's still 2 weeks out. His carb setup showed a (4.1) H.P. gain over the stock carb. And will come with 3 jets and a new cable. And yes you can still use your thumb thottle with it. I told him about this site and he said he has seen it. I also ask him about pulling out the top-out spacer on the front shocks. He said not to do it,because the shaft is only 1/2" and could cause it to bend easyier.
Later

·
Registered
525 Posts
I talk to Daryl today, he said it's ready to ship out now. $400.00 Has 10 settings from 8950-9150rpm. He said he will try to have all the info for it on his web site. Of course he said it makes the Predator rip. I did ask about the pumper carb and it looks like it's still 2 weeks out. His carb setup showed a (4.1) H.P. gain over the stock carb. And will come with 3 jets and a new cable. And yes you can still use your thumb thottle with it. I told him about this site and he said he has seen it. I also ask him about pulling out the top-out spacer on the front shocks. He said not to do it,because the shaft is only 1/2" and could cause it to bend easyier.
Later
Almost forgot: He said the Predator head/valves can easly handle the new cdi system. That he runs his with a higher curb on testing it and had no problems with it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got mine from Rath two days ago and it is a Vortex X10 CDI. It might have Raths map settings though. And like RNGMSTR said.. the higher R's are worth it...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.