Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Rath Racing site, there is a set of light covers. Has anyone seen these and know how they work? DO they just cover the lights or do you remove the lights and then these fillin the blank space? I would like to remove the lights for racing and cover the holes and i was wondering if these will do that for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
by the looks of them I think you have to remove the headlights. Just for racing, I think.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
yea you have to remove the lights..I just got mine today along with the radiator scoops...not to big a projcet its pretty simple...

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I went to order from my dealer today, and they told me they are on back order???anyone heard who has them in stock???And so is the shockwears in all colors through Rocky Mountain.. heck, I cant even get the oil I need here...grr they are sold out and dont knowwhen they will have more, so Im buying all four galoons tomorrow just to be safe.....TINA

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Rath should have them in stock,he was waitng on material to send mine and mine got shipped out on Tuesday and arrived at my dealer yesterday...thats all I know

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Thanks Brian :) What wa the price on them again????????? Ill give them a call

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
like 45 fedz

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
$40 for them atleast thats what my dealer charged me....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rath has some good products I have taken off 45 lbs from my Predator. And bumped up the the horses. I have CRF450 quad's trying to keep up with me now at the track. The predator has great potential, I have a 580 kit with a FCR carb no airbox, talk about a fast. The head pipe is fine, Drake speed craft is producing slip -ons that rock,WB is very good too, Trinity is good but cost too much for the same gain.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I don't see how you could POSSIBLY get that much weight off of this bike without compromising the structural integrity. That is a lot of stuff to take off.

·
Registered
141 Posts
How the heck do you shave weight? Mine keeps getting heavier with add-ons. :( If I lose weight does that count? I think I can spare 30 lbs. The only problem is I don't think it will spare me. :)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Check page 60 in the July/August issue of ATV Sport (sorry for the shameless self-promotion). You'll find a number to Mettec.com. Great source for titanium hardware. Just messing around I've easily dropped 5+ pounds from the machine, all the while strenghtening things, and they'll never rust. Lighter, faster, stronger. A fast and easy way to drop some weight is to switch to a slip on K&N/waterproof Outerwear, and ixnay the whole airbox. Don't forget to add a small K&N for the PCV. You can easily secure the hose coming up from the crankcase with an Adel clamp to the rear-most screw on the throttle cable cover on the carb. These side covers everyone has complained about actually provide some very good splash protection for the filter.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Modquad it just wouldn't be you with out the shameless self promotions. :p Hee Hee Hee.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts