Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best kind of scoops to get for the predator which is stocked because the fan on there now isnt cooling anything down and the predator is heating up quick when i rip thruough the trails by my house and also when i go to shift down and park my quad or anything the fan comes on and does nothing plus when im up in high gears i can feel the engine getting somewhat hot ....... any suggestions to what to do ? and how much would the scoops cost/whats the best to get thanks .

·
Registered
394 Posts
I am getting myself a set soon and I have heard nothing but good about modquads scoops www.jetblastgear.com They are $25 plus $5 for shipping and they are strong.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright thanks ill check it out when you get them get back to me if you could and tell me how they work .....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
these scoops will cool down my engine alot faster right ?

·
Registered
993 Posts
modquads scoops work and look great. If your fan is on, it is cooling the bike down, just don't ride hard and then shut it off, that will stop the coolant flow and could cause problems. It's better to let it idle with the fan on for a little bit before shutting it off.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i know i do that but the fan hardly works need to get me something better

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya my fan comes on pretty much everytime im done riding or stop for a break if ive been out for like 30 mins

·
Registered
21 Posts
Warning... Try this stuff also RedLine water wetter,$8.00 bottle and all you need is a few ounces added to radiator anti-freeze coolent..I get mine from Rockymountain atv...It works real good in keeping engine cooler..Good luck, Hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
i read where someone said that when they put the white brothers pipe on, there fan ran less, this is also the case with my pred, the fan runs less since i got the pipe!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I found that mine ran more with the pipe, k&n and airbox mod. But then again, I"m taping into that horse power that isn't there from stock, so the bike will run hotter. I cleaned my coolent system and added engine ice instead of antifreeze and water, much better. I'm going to be getting a set of scoops from MODQUAD as soon as the extra fundage is available, or he takes credit cards lol

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Thanks for the complements. :D ProX, I'm working on it. :D It's just that Triple X is taking a bit of time right now.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Thanks Ken!!!! They came today .Im sending you a PM....TINA

·
Registered
147 Posts
Any Motocross shop should have it. It's a blue liquid, comes in a half gallon bottle. Not the cheapest stuff in the world, $17.00 for a half gallon, but you don't need to add anything to it. Clean out the coolant in the bike and add this stuff straight. It claims to reduce engine temp as much as 50 degrees, boil-over protection to 256 degrees and freeze-up protection to -26 degrees.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I just bought a bottle of the Water Wetter to try I was told the Engine Ice is really good stuff too. Any of it should help. Im gonna put it in the other quads of mine too.....

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
You're very welcome Tina, thank you.

As far as the coolant additives go, I'm still waiting for the Engine Ice and the Purple Ice to be delivered, all the others are here, and the machine is wired with the thermocouples. I guess eventhough I've used Water Wetter, I'll be leaning towads leaving the Engine Ice in the machine when the testing is done....for that anti-freeze property. Water Wetter has treated me well though. The tale of the tape should be interesting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts