Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find out if making them is worth my time or not? I am thinking that I could sell them between the 40-45 dollar range including shipping. What do you think? I know that Rath and PRM sell them for 45 but they charge you another 10 for shipping. I appreciate any and all input. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
What would you be making the scoops out of? I got some that should be here today from rath and they got me with shipping and COD charge that brought me to $60, that is outrageous for radiator scoops

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be making them out of 1/16" alum. They are light but are plenty strong. Also they will have rounded edges and mount behind the plastic cover for the radiator. It gives a real clean look. I made 1 set for my bike but they are rough. If anyone would like to see e-mail me at [email protected] and I will e-mail you a pic. If I start making them they will look alot better than the ones I made by hand.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I got mine from PRM and they were $45 + $5 shipping. I am very pleased with them. I just wish someone would come out with the louvers to go with the scoops.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
.063 aviation grade aluminum, working on the louvers. $40 shipped to you, that's the non-louvered style. I might be able to have louvers available in a week or so.

·
Registered
217 Posts
be sure and post out here when you get those louvers done. i am very interested in those.

I have been looking at the scoops that Rath Racing offers and if you will go to the site www.rathracing.com and look at the picture they have for the product. You will notice that he removed the coolant reservoir to put these scoops on. The way they are designed, it looks like the only way they will fit is if you remove that coolant reservoir. This is just my opinion from looking at the image. check it out and decided for yourself before you take my word on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The ones that I will be making will protect the resevoir. Also instead of being cut at an angle mine will be rounded on the edges. I have a pic of the prototype that I made by hand and if anyone is interested please e-mail me at [email protected] I will be able to e-mail it to you tomorrow. I am at work today and the pics are on my home computer.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It's not neccessary to remove the reservoir. They fit fine with it on. I can make them in the tapered style, or straight, depends on the look you want. I'm a jet mechanic by trade, hence I work with aluminum everyday. Just had a meeting with Polaris today, on their new gear, can't disclose what it is yet, but man is it sweet!! [email protected] is my e-mail.

·
Registered
101 Posts
On the Rath Racing radiator scoops you do not have to remove the coolant reservoir, it remounts them behind the radiator, it offers alot more protection. I got them on mine and they work and look great.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Got my jetblastgear.com scoops last Friday. Bolted them on and they look great. For the money ($30 shipped to you) you can't go wrong. I recommend them over the $50-$60 options available.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I should have got some from ken. Oh well. Maybe for the other Pred

1 - 20 of 27 Posts