Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to do some mods to my predator. I will be heading to Cinder Mountain in Arizona over the 4th of July weekend to ride with some buddies out in Arizona. The elevation there is around 7000-8000 ft above sea level. I have a 13 tooth sprocket, a 38 tooth rear sprocket laying in my shed, a clamp on K&N air filter with the outerwear, a dyno jet kit all laying by my predator. Right now I have the stock pipe with the baffle taken out. When I get to Prescott, I'm going to buy my buddies W/B slip on since he bought the HMF pipe. I know i can go ahead and do the 13/38 combo. What about the K&N air filter and jet kit. I'm itching to put them on. If I jet it for 7000 ft, is it going to run like **** in southeast Kansas, which is around 1100 ft above sea level?? If I put the jet kit in and clamp on, is it going to run like crap without the exhaust? If anyone has had any experience riding at that elevation, please tell me how you set your carb. One more question. If I put the K&N clamp on.. on, someone said there is a crankcase hose that I have to fix. I know it's not too pretty, but could I put a piece of rag over the end and put a hose clamp on til I get some kind of little filter? Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
231 Posts
First thing I would do is just wait until you get your pipe then you can install your filter and jet kit with it. When you put the clamp-on on your carb you can easily run the hose along the inside of the frame. You don't need a filter on it, unless you plan on submerging it under water. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would NOT clamp off that hose. Like j_man said, just route it higher on the frame. That is the breather for the crank case. You don't want to block that off. If you are riding in dusty/dirty conditions, I would sugest something on the end of it though. Not sure what might be out there, but possible an automotive type breather filter might work for you. Take the hose to a parts dealer and see what they might have for you. Don't forget, the airbox makes a great cooler after you have the clamp on installed!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I put a picture in my profile from my mach. Crankcasefilter only, On jetting a 150 main with the fuel screw 3 turns out, stock pilot, this should help you out, 2 clip from top. My settup on my mach is'nt the same as yours. But I live at 5000'
Later

Your going to have to rejet no matter what.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I went to the cinders in may. Run paddles. The elevation change from camp to the top of the double crater is 1000 feet. I run a 155 main and was rich, but ran fine. Bring some jets, pilot and main. Idle was rich, need to move air screw. It is good riding, like driving in deep gravel.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I went to the cinders in may. Run paddles. The elevation change from camp to the top of the double crater is 1000 feet. I run a 155 main and was rich, but ran fine. Bring some jets, pilot and main. Idle was rich, need to move air screw. It is good riding, like driving in deep gravel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts