Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not quite sure where to post this, buuuut..

Im in the process of a full teardown to get my frame powdercoated, I have a few questions...

1) What is the easiest way to get the throttle cable off, i cant seem to just pull the cable off.
2) what color should i do it, im thinking dark metallic red... the guy claims he has about 300 colors to choose from.
3) Should i also get the swingarm done?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Powdercoating is way cool. On the color, well every time I see something in (HOT PINK) it gets a second look from me. I know but what the hell. If your going to that much time in it. You should pick out a color that makes them talk about it.

later

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Get the frame, lower a-arms powdercoated Anodized Red by HotCoat. Then get the upper a-arms, swing arm, subframe, and foot pegs powdercoated with Almost Chrome by HotCoat.... this would look bitchen.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Cool...as long it's your bike get it done Yellow. j/k

·
Registered
429 Posts
And does not help the weight problem.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Well for those of you that dont like to chrome your **** you can always get things powdercoated in an almost chrome like finish...hotcoat has a bunch of good quality colors available. I've had some stuff done with it before and its not as shiny as chrome but it looks nice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the problem is, do i really want to spend much getting the a-arms done?, i guess it would look cool, but the fact that they prolly wont stay on too long, but then again im sure it wouldnt cost anything more.

The guy is quoting me 300 Canadian to do my frame, subframe, a-arms, an swingarm. This includes the prep work aswell.

I like that idea jsyi, i never thought of more then one color :)

Im going to have the carbon fenders on there aswell...

what about a dark green? do you thing that would look good? like a forest green?.. im so bad choosing colors, if i did it alone it would be like hot pink, bright green, and flourescent yellow

·
Registered
525 Posts
How much is 300 canadian $ to REB,WHITE,BLUE money. Also does that include grinding down the shitty weld job they did on the predator. Thanks
YEA!!!!!!! RED,WHITE,BLUE would be cool. That would get there EYE in Alberta.
later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts