Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
PMs as you're thinking don't actually exist here. What happens when you PM somebody is it goes directly to their email address that they have on file here.

I chose to do it this way, rather than have an actual email box, because I don't want anybody to think that I read their private messages. See, I found out that one of the butthole site owners of another site (rhymes with "Reflection") reads everybody's PMs and will delete ones that he doesn't like (and subsequently delete your account too). I think this is beyond dispicable and I won't stand for it. So, the best way to avoid having anybody ever accuse me of reading their private messages is to not have them in that way.

Rob

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think once we get rolling maybe we could vote on the PM issue. I dont give a crap who reads my pm's anyhow. If somebody is that worried about others reading them then send e-mails. Just my opinion

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Well, then I'll add it to my list of features to add, but I won't make it a priority until later.

Cool?

Rob

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rob,

I was just visiting the chatroom...AND I FOUND MYSELF ALONE!! lol

Anyway, when I went to "Predator Chat". my screen name was this..."@RED1572"

What exactly does the "@" mean infront of my name?

Thanks for your time

RED

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
There aren't always people in the chatroom, but we're often there between 6 PM and 9 PM Pacific Time.

The @ sign shows that you're a channel operator because you were the first person in that particular channel. That actually shouldn't have happened because the channel should already exist (more configuration things I'll have to play with).

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts