Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GREEN_LANTERN,

(It could possibly exist, and I have not seen it) Why has no one made a tubular shroud for the K&N clamp on kits? It seems to me a loose fitting shroud would allow as much air to flow to the filter but prevent wetting the filter from splashing. I would love to throw on a clamp on but the track i ride at usually has some water on it, few inches deep (i do understand anything up to the filter will result in drowning)and drenches my ride. Am i out to lunch or just plain stupid? can this be made and does it make sense?

VR/ Ken

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS forgot to mention I called GREEN_LATERN out on this specifically because of the HR airbox mod thread but any and all input is cool

·
Registered
246 Posts
Pred or Prey.
the reason we don't offer a clamp on shield for the filter "yet" is because when we do are R&D we go with the best set up and the most power for our kits the clamp on is not the best set up but we realize that a lot of people are running it that way so i will talk to Jason about it and i am sure he can build it i hope that helps if you want specifics about our research on the clamp on please e mail me direct or call us at 509 216 1849 and I will give you the run down.
Thanks for the interest and no question is stupid if it enlightens you!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GREEN_LANTERN, When you say the clamp on is not the best setup Im not sure what you mean? Does the clamp on provides less power than an airbox mod? or is it kind of like the power gains of clamp on vs airbox mod are minimal and the clamp on is so much less versatile? In either case, from what you have had to say, sounds like the clamp on is not the kit for me and i should check out your HR airbox mod, Plus it does look super sweet. Thanks for your help with this

·
Registered
246 Posts
i will offer you any info you would like about our R&D on the clamp on set up on a personal e mail or over the phone i don't want to start a heated discussion about clamp on Vs air box i have solid proof and will be happy to share it with you or any one else who wants our data.
thanks

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Im 18, young and stupid...what is R&D?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GREEN_LANTERN I would like that info please. Just to let you know, i bought the airbox mod and the radiator scoops from HR this weekend. My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm also looking into making an Aluminum airbox that uses a K&N or UNI clamp on but with a tapered aluminum intake that bolts where the factory one goes, also relocating the batery inside as well as the cdi. Right now I'm just in the development stages, it will be a while befoere the real R&D begins for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts