Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome all!
I am planning on purchasing another atv this weekend. So far I am down to the predator or the DS650.
I'm using this web-site as a good reference to problems people are having with their machines.
Thus far I've noticed that the plastic rattles, their is an unusual noice from the chain, and that some of you have had rear brake problems, and that some actually suffer from a cracked head.
I understand that some atv's will have problems, and not every one will suffer from a cracked head. My questions to all of you are:
What other thoughts or advantages have you found on the Predator. I like how accessable all of the adjustments are. It look relatively easy to maintain.
I'm also a 6'-1" 230 lb rider. How does the machine feel to people my size.
I can't find a dealer that will let me take a short put down the parking lot!!

Thanks for all the input.

Mitch

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mitch,
I have never even been in the pressence of a DS650 so i will not even attempt to compare the 2 machines. I can tell you that i am also 6'1 225 and the predator feels great. Its a good fit for any size person in my opinion. I gave up a nice 250R for the Predator. I also have not experienced any of the problems listed on this site with the exception of the brake issues. Its true that the brakes have some drag. This can be fix and from what i have read, its covered by the warrenty. The chain noise is only there if you "lug" the machine around at low speed. If you are on it and riding it the way it should be riden, you will not hear that chain noise. The plastic rattle is easily fixed by just tighten everything up good. I tightened everything after the first couple of rides and i have not had the problem again. There is not another new quad out there that offers everything that the predator offers in a stock machine. you do not have to to put much into it to make it a great machine. In my opinion, there is no other choice but the predator. Maybe you can find another dealer near you that will let you take it for a quick ride.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you are into racing, going fast, jumping, hill climbing or just out for fun, the Predator is the way to go man. I have ridden both bombardiers and I own a predator, ds's have trashy rev limiters and they are so noisy, when you hit full throttle they vibrate and shake. The handling is very sketchy also with the exception of a heavy quad. I do like bombs but a predator will beat them at just about everything but drag racing I believe. To me the predator is the only way to go, and if you get a predator you can have more fun by being able to pull wheelies and corner like a madman throwing 10 feet of roost.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you two for the advise.
I've decided to go for the predator.
The common price around here seems to be $6000 to $6300.
Hopefully after this weekend or next (after the polaris open house) I'll be writing threads about tearing up the turf!

Thanks,

Mitch

·
Registered
27 Posts
Enjoy it man you made the right decision! You'll never regret it. Have fun killing craptors and fill us in with the news on a new predator that you might get.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I have had my Predator for about 4 months now. I ride at least once a week if possible. I am also 6'1 230 and the bike fits me perfect. I have been lucky enough to not have any problems with it yet. With only a few mods, just yesterday I beat a Raptor and a Suzuki LT500 in flat drags and on the hills at the dunes. There is not a bike out there that could replace the Predator in my line up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
the predator will beat a ds 650 in a drag easer than it will beat a raptor on flat hard ground.

·
Registered
993 Posts
There is a dealer in Indiana listing predators on ebay with a 5400.00 buy it now price if anyone is close and looking to purchase.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the ebay tip RNGMSTR.
I just purchased one from them today.
I'm having it shipped to me for a total of $5520.
Awsome price. It's at least $500 - $600 cheaper than any where around here.
They were very nice to deal with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts