Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just returned from a weekend of riding, we had three predators, one that has under 10 hours on it broke something in the trans, at first it wouldn't move at all, then it went into 4th gear and has been stuck there for the past day. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Any info on the trans problem? I vaguely recall one person having a bolt come loose in the shifting mechanism that caused a similar problem but the rest have been bent shift forks from big feet lol....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah my dad lost 4th gear on his within 10 hours. He bent a shifter fork. My dealer got all mad and was like if it happens again it wont be covered under the 6 month warrenty. He was like use the clutch and my dad almost dropped him like 3rd period French class. His tranny has been fine seince then but I have had no problems on mine.

Zack

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's at the dealer now, let them and polaris deal with it, pretty sad for a bike with less than 10 hours on it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Well maybe, was it the only one with 10 hours on it. And was HE or SHE trying to keep up with you. HHMM who was rideing who?

later

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Prolly had a good break in too

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the person that owns the quad simply does not ride it, it was broken it properly and never abused. as I said, it has under 10 hours on it and has been well taken care of, things like this should not happen. over half of the time on it has been starting it and riding it across the field a few times just to keep a charge in the battery.

·
Registered
497 Posts
My shift fork bent also. No fourth gear. The part is on back order, so we can't be the only ones with the problem. Just another chance you take with getting a first year quad. Yes I do ride my Pred. hard, but I always use my clutch when shifting. Lots of drag raceing.

Spank Raptors. YFZ and suped banshees are the only quads that keep close. Who ever is the better racer wins.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
at least they could find the problem with your, we buddies has been at the shop over two weeks and all they know is that it has tranny problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ive beat on mine more than ive ridden it. from mx, to the trails, out to the mud, rivers, lakes, and some tar racing just to show my buddies on yamies where the bear shits in the woods, anywhere it wants when your on predator!! no tranny probs, 90-100 hours

·
Registered
497 Posts
Rngmstr,

Too bad they cannon find the problem with your buddies. Nine times out of ten it is a bent shift fork. It needs to be addressed. The fork will not be available till the middle of September. They need to get it form overseas. I guess Fuji makes the motors. So the Predator is not a true north american product. Too bad. My pred will be out of comission for a month again. My frame broke and it was out for two months also. Owning a pred for four month and three of them have been in the shop = an unhappy customer. Polaris should at least have the deceantcy to contact me directly. HInt Hint Polaris

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your dealer could just take pictures of the broken frame, have it welded up and then turn in the paperwork to polaris to order the new frame under warranty. Mine did

-Paul

·
Registered
497 Posts
That was not the problem. The two month wait for the frame was the problem. Now it is the month and a half wait for the shift fork that is the problem.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've been racing my Predator since April, shifts like 88 250R or 400ex, with or without using the clutch. No problems here!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
anyone else having tranny problems or problems getting parts? It's been almost two months and dealer still claims to be waiting on the parts. Thats pretty sad for a quad with so few hours to be sitting at a dealership for so long, Polaris's customer satifaction level is sure going downhill, seems that as long as there payments arrives on time that they could care less if the quad is sitting at the dealer.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I hear ya, I waited since early May for two ball joints, just got them last week. They don't seem to concerned with taking care of problems like this, I'll keep that in mind next purchase.........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts