Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had problems with their polaris skid plate welds breaking? I have 2 with broken welds - left A-arm skid plate and the swing arm skid plate. Both broke right at the weld, as if it was not welded corectly. Called my dealer - waiting for a return phone call on whether they will cover the replacement.

·
Registered
249 Posts
yes my swing arm plate broke i 2 spots - this sux 'cause they are pricy!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just made my own..alot cheaper! ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes - the aftermarket and custum made one are cheaper. A friend of mine just got the pro-armer skids - they look great and alot stronger. If the dealer doesn't fix/replace these I'll just have someone who welds aluminum reweld them. Hopefully they won't break in other places.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've broken mine twice on the right side. Took it to a friend and added gussets from where the factory welded gusset ends and went forward all of the way to where the cut in the plate ends. We made a cardboard template and cot some stock and welded them in. No problems since. Pretty easy fix and I believe still having the plastic guard on offers added protection. Just think what the brake disk would look like without the plastic still there.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I got the PRM belly skid and A-arm skid plates. Fit and finsish is good. I have run PRM on my 400 for about 3 yrs now and have no complaints with them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh yea..Made my own skids. They are hanging tough.Made them from 6000 series aluminum x .250 thick-
Have you guys heard of RPM industries in Stuart Florida? This dude makes some awsome stuff for ATV's and He is not bad on the price either!
I'll try to find the phone number and post it soon.

Revolution, Prototype and machine ( RPM ) Stuart, Florida.

And now the phone number: (772)221-3370
Give this guy a call... most excellant cool stuff for the Preds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts