Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of you know I have been building a scrambler 400 modded to have a predator front end. The questions I need to know are regarding the axles. Over the years of owning the scram I have broken alot of axles (5 dura blues 3 stocks) I bought a team firestick and i haven't broken it yet.
I have noticed that the 05 and up scramblers and trailblazers are using a different axle then the olded ones. My question is ; Is that axle the same one they use on the polaris predator? It looks like the same axle but turned around so the sproket is on the right side. Can someone post any pictures of the axle and carrier. The other reasons are ,that I have like 4 axles from a polaris predator, The predator axles are thicker and longer and I never broke one or bent them. The predator stock axle are made by team and carry a lifetime warrenty. I have thought of cutting a predator axle carrier to fit a scrambler swingarm But if the axle is the same then i will just buy a new scrambler axle carrier.
can someone help me with this brain fart idea

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I looked up the part numbers of both axles and they do not match but I still would like to know the differance.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Only simular to the style as in adjusting them, the axle is the same as the older ones, i believe. I know they use the same bearings.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks thats what I needed to know. Looks like I'll be modding a predator axle carrier on the scram project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts