Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did it I beat my friends new YZF 450 he talked smack for 2 weeks after he ordered it.. because I beat his raptor and he was like just waite till I get my YZF I will show u what fast is well I shut him up today.. it was the best feeling in the world I think he went home and cried .. shows ya how gelable he is to listen to Yamaha LOL

·
Registered
235 Posts
First that's very cool, I was waiting to see if that would happen, I had my doubts but great.

Second, How good of a rider is he? And what surface and length did you race at?

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I was also very curious to hear these results. Glad to hear the Pred can represent against the new supposed "bad boy." I was also wondering what type of race was it and at what distance?? Thanks.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I'd really like to know what the conditions of the race were too... It makes it that much more credible when you're bragging about it to others. :)

Rob

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i raced across a grass field 400 to 450 ft maybe... i think a stock pred with a 36 tooth rear will win between a YZF and pred he is a pretty good rider i think if he was on my pred and i was on his yzf it would be a tie

·
Registered
993 Posts
I raced three different YFZ 450s this weekend in silver lake, all were compleatly stock except one had the front wheels reversed. One of the riders could not ride very well, I smoked him every time, the other two could ride quite well, they both would pull about two bikes righ at the start, but I would slowly catch them, at 300 feet they would still be ahead, but if we raced 400 or 500 like most guys were, I could usually get back by them, but not always. The weight advantages works quite well for them, they get the leade right from the start, and that were just about every race is won or lost. I was able to beat pretty much all the other stock or slightly modded bikes out there time after time, so it was a pretty good weekend.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Might be a close race in a drag, but I don't think the predator stands a chance on the track against it. Don't get me wrong i'm the biggest predator supporter there is, but I saw an A class rider on a practice track this weekend on the yfz, don't think a predator would be close, even in much more capable hands than mine. Oh well can't race in the same class most places anyway.

·
Registered
104 Posts
is the handling that much better that you think it will beat the predator on the track?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I WANNA KNOW ONE THING ABOUT YFZ.....ITS LIGHTER BY 65LBS...BUT HOW DURABLE?
SUZUKI ARE LIGHT FRAMES CRACK! WILL THE YZF BE TOO LITTLE WIEGHT? I'M IMPRESSED
DONT GET ME WRONG I LIKE THE QUAD BUT ONLY TIME WILL TELL JUST LIKE THE PREDATOR!

·
Registered
66 Posts
There is quit a bit of alluminum on the YZF. That explains a lot of the weight and cost difference. You could drop the weight on the Predator quite a bit for the $1,000 or more you pay for the YZF.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hear that. I love my predator but racing it XC is no fun in the mud. if you get that hog stuck you are done. My back still isn't feeling well from the last time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts