Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes. I am seriously thingking about getting a Pred. I have read all the magazines and such but want to hear it from an all Predator forum. My concerns are all the minor problems that I have read about. What I want to kow is would you buy it again compared to something else. I am also considering a Raptor. The Raptor is in the third year of production and seems to have all the bugs worked out. I will do mostly trail riding in PA. I'm just really torn. Hope someone here can shed some light. I know about owner pride; but hope some real honest answeres come up. Thanks again in advance. Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks for the reply Jeepman. I am glad you like it. I dont want to shell out 6k and wish Id bought something else. On a side note I sat on a white and red yfz450. WOW. First it was beutifull, second light as hell and the ergonomics of it for me where fantastic. But at 7300 thats a big price difference to go ride trais and maybe race. Yea well. Thanks - mike r

·
Registered
993 Posts
I too would buy another predator, it has it's weaknesses, but they are minor and the aftermarket already has fixes available, I also do mostly trail riding, my only complaint is the width in tight trails, but that same width makes the predator awesome in the dunes or in wide open trails, you can't win them all, but the predator has what it takes to win most of them. Raptors are nice in the drags, but they seem too top heavy, too tippy and too wheely prone in the trails.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would like to ride a yfz, but nobody around here (YET) has one, or race. Maybe later, but I can say the more I ride this mach the more I (LOVE) it. Kind of like a great women, the more you ride it the better it gets. LOL my bro has the (OLD KING)&(OLD QUEEN) 500&350 . But the king is like rideing a POS on the track or trails. But is one hell of a dune (MACH) up hill wacth out. The queen does ok, but only on top end. The predator is just a dam great ride all around. The low end is good the mid is (right) the the top end is hold on for dear life. Yea life is good, and I just can'nt wait to see what they come up with next.

Later

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. Ill have to let you all know what I decide and why. I have to make up my mind soon. I want to go riding. Thanks again. Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
I took a yfz 450 for a ride a guy where i ride bought one over the weekend i only went for a short ride but it has a low center of gravity but it takes a little bit to ge the rpms up to where i like they. My pred gets up to speed quicker. It does not ride as good or steer as well as the pred as least these are my feelings on it.it is a nice bike overall but like the pred it is a first year bike so the bugs are going to be popping up just like everything els that comes out.as far as the cRaptor it is a little tippy and does lift the front end up alot. These are just my thoughts on the subject,you do what is best foryour rideing style.
Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts