Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yikes.....Frame touch up paint is PRICEY

Just talked to the dealer after they'd called back to the main Polaris plant.

Touch up paint in a small bottle with brush is $12, plus shipping.

Spray paint rattle can is $14 a can, plus shipping and handling of course...

All my other PJ1 touch up paint was only $6-8 a can, why so much for Polaris Paint?

Anyone found another type of paint that is close to our silver? I may check my yamaha frame paint to see....

Polaris paint code number is 385, and is called Cloud Silver....can anyone cross reference this?

thanks

Heapster

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No paint is falling off, except for the paint I'm leaving on trail brush at 50 mph and the rare rock hit........just the lower front a-arms area really.

Plus I also flipped over the rear grab bar handle to lower it, works good, but then you have to bent the sand flag mount back a couple of degrees so the pole isn't leaning forward..........the touch up paint is for there too.......

Heapster
TL Pred.
404cc Banshee

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have found that the overall fit and finish of the predator is sub-par. my buddies TLD graphics are coming off with just normal washing of it. we had our predators on a trailer and i put a plastic gas can between them on the trailer and it rubbed the paint of the a-arm on mine. Never seen that before. I love the predator. its the best thing out there right now. I would not trade it for anything(except for a full race ready 330R), but i think Polaris did not work to hard on the finish of the predator.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey Local

Sorry to hear about your probs. I dont have any probs with the paint.

Ive been trying and trying to get all the stickers off. ( I like the clean look)
Four trips to the car wash and there still not off. Ive got em all off except the flames on the rear right fender.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It cool Red. i don't really sweat the small stuff. as long as it runs strong i am happy.

On the standard Predator it takes a heat gun, goo remover and a lot of patience to get the stickers off. On the TLD Predator. it seems that one wash with a pressure washer will remove ever sticker on it. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Plasti-Kote vehicle touch up paint, part number VTU-80 Fine Silver Metallic matches the frame paint on the predator very well. You can pick it up at Walmart.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the part number and paint source Vandeboy..........my lower a-arms say THANK YOU!

I'll try it out.

Heapster

1 - 8 of 8 Posts