Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have my pred set up for cross country but i would like to take it out to the drag strip some time is there any thing i need to do b4 i race at the strip ??????????????????

·
Registered
42 Posts
What surface are you racing on (dirt or asphalt) and how far?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
asphalt 1/4 mile and dirt drag some times 500 feet what set up 4 both

·
Registered
43 Posts
i ran my predator at the 1/8 track last weekend it went 9.019 at 70.31mph. 75.88 and 12.128 at the 1000ft

anyone know if those are good numbers?

·
Registered
119 Posts
i seen bobby do those times cause i raced bobby never could beat him. but was right on his back wheels. i ran 12.2 at 74.8 threw 1000ft it was fun. on pavement. best i could get out of my kfx700 was 69.9 threw 1000ft. hey bobby come to arkhoma sunday and i will go to whitefield next time and we will kill some raptors. im going to the per7 sat. nite to race my scambler aganst my 700 and taking my predator but not taking the shocks off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've placed 1st in 500 stock and 1st and 2nd in 500 modified for the past 4 weeks of racing. We run 300 ft in the dirt. Heres set up 13/42 (2nd gear starts) 22-11-10 8 paddle Haulers,and shorter shocks on the front 14" center to center, run enough spring preload so the shock is fully extended, this helps prevent wheelies when you launch the bike. Last weekend after the races we did some fun runs and I raced some full modded Banshees and beat some of the by 1 1/2 bike lengths and the ones that could beat me only got me by 1/2 a bike.The carb has been massaged a bit, I cut 1/2" off the spring, DJ needle, 160.5 main, 50 pilot, and k&n drop in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
propolaris oops, i didn't get around to this forum until tonight. i went to atoka sand drags saturday. we made 2 time trials and ran the pee-wees and juniors then as we all dialed in it started raining and they called the races.....and kept our money!

anyway, on gas i ran a best of 5.85 @52.45mph my 60ft times was 2.109......that is a pathetic 60ft time, it ought to be 1.92 not 2.109 ugh!

i took some 12 paddle haulers and cut them down to 6 paddle, seem to do ok.
i am ready to try them out against you at whitefield.

you should go to the Wolf drags in Wolf next saturday, its 10 miles south of Seminole. i went last saturday, the day i seen you at Pier-7 dagstrip. i was the only predator there, i entered in the raptor class and beat them all to get first place medal. it only costs 5 bucks perbike and starts at around 1 or 1:30pm on the 21st. it is double eliminations so you can goof up once and come back and take the win.
about the track - there is no time slips, there a tree simular to Pier 7 and someone at the end of the track to tell who won. its a blast. you should come we can run in the raptor class and take there medals!

·
Registered
156 Posts
what spring?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts