Polaris Riders Forum banner

Predator Cutaway Photos!

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  fordmaniac 
#1 ·
My dealer (Reno Cycles & Gear in Reno, Nevada) currently has in its showroom a special cutaway Predator. It's a one-off done by Polaris to show off the internals of the machine. Since I was in there today and saw it, I took these photos. It's pretty slick... you can see the piston and rod, some of the transmission, the stator, the insides of the shocks, the clutch, and lots more! Rob

#2 ·
Hi Rob,

Great photos!!! I love to look at cut-aways like that. Sometimes it gives you a whole new perspective on why something works the way it does...

Hey, did you hear about the "Dragging Brake" tip....Removing the shims from behind the disc pads? It supposedly works very well to help that problem..I'm going to try it this weekend....

Take Care,

JJ

#4 ·
I also seen the cutaway Pred last fall at Cabela's when they had the big Polaris display and support trailer there, got to go inside the trailer and nose around, nice rig.

I really don't see removing the shims from the brake pads reducing the drag any. I think the brakes may squeal without these, that is why they are there to reduce/eliminate brake squeal. Comparing these calipers with my Honda's it's very apparent Polaris cut corners here, very poor setup IMO. The pads just hang on the pins with no precision fitment or anti-rattle hardware at all. The aftermarket could do us all a favor by making a conversion to the Nissan calipers.

#7 ·
Great Shots Rob.....

The masses thank you! I'm going to study these in detail. Its great to see the cam gears and piston!!!

All hail the mighty RG.....

We salute you.

#12 ·
sweet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.