Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I changed the jet in my carb I practically destroyed the for screws that hold the bottom of the carb on. I have heard of people on this forum changing them out for allen screws. does anyone know what size or part number I need to do this? thanks

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
EEEWWW, that's a long time ago. If no one else posts, just take a chunk of what's left to your local hardware store. You can add in some lock-washers, and/or some blue loctite.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes just take to your local hardware store, find a nut it will screw into to find the thread size, then match up that in the allen bolt section to the length needed.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Or you can be a cheap ass like me and and just keep your destroyed screws and take a dremel with a tiny cut off wheel and cut a straight line across each of the destroyed heads and wa la!! You now have flathead screws:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice john, by the way, how is the girl hunting going?

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
No prob. The Girl hunting is not as successful as I'd like it to be:( Oh well. There's bound to be some hot babe somewhere waiting for me:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
ya the size is 4mm by 10mm for the float bowl on bottom of carb.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Oh, you're talking about the screw, hmmm, thought that'd be a VERY petite lady. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts