Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keihin has the FCR series carbs in 39 and 41mm sizes

Mikuni has the HSR series in 42,45,48mm sizes.

Both of theses designs are high flow racing style carbs, no throttle plates or vacuum operated slides. The slide is directly operated from the throttle lever. They also have adjustable accelerator pumps. There is no throttle plate or shaft in the carb bore to restrict and disrupt air flow into the motor.

Many Honda riders are using the FCR's on their modified 400EX's with good results. There also was a mag article a while back that did a shootout with several carbs on a 440EX, the 41FCR took top honors in the article.

DS650 riders are using the HSR carbs with satisfying results. The Predator stock carb is the same as the DS stock carb. Research will yield you more info on these choices

·
Registered
29 Posts
What are you guys talking about?? I have no idea what the defference is in carbs for these things. Can I put a Holly on it....Ha..Ha

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi everyone,

My step-son went to the Keihin carbs on his Banshee, and has had great results with them...plus he said they are ALOT easier to work on and adjust. I think that's the way I'm headed...after warranty...

I just want it to run as strong as possible now, until I'm ready to wrench on it some more...I think my most recent carb tuning/adjustment steps have made a big improvement on the power and ridability...I'm testing later today, and I will post my results (and all the settings) later today...

I think it's important to not go too crazy with mods this early into a new model quad...who knows what other mechanical issus may come up, and then you may have a warranty issue to fight about with Polaris.

Later...

JJ

·
Registered
119 Posts
i wont fuel injection on mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Then be the creator of the new fuel injected carbuerator for Predators, intake too.

·
Registered
993 Posts
with the keihin car you must modify the head stay or it will not fit. edelbrock makes a sweet carb for the predator, it should be available everware in a few weeks. it is a totaly different carb design, you do not need to mess with anything internaly to chang the jetting, it is all done with adjustment screws from the outside, very easy and you always have the correct jets for different temps and mods, so no more buying jets.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Rngmstr, how much is the carb gunna be, I really like the idea of not having to change jets.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If you communicate at all with the aftermarket carb companies (actually as you know some supply the OEM's) the BSR carbs are for the environment. The two sides of Mikuni laugh at each other. Along with what JJ said, patience. Let the companies who can afford to have some hiccups have them at their expense, not your's.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ken, is Darrel going to supply us with a much needed non CV carb in the not to distant future? I cannot wait to get rid if this poor joke of a carb they used on the Predators....

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Both the HPD and Hot Seat shops are nuts right now, as I'm sure many others around the country are. I borrowed out a 42 TMX a week ago, and now it's back in my shop....time will tell, but I know the dumping of the BSR can only increase throttle response and HP. It's hard waiting, but with the other parts I'm making, maybe that helps pass the time. I'll be bumping elbows with the factory guys this coming weekend, along with hopefully pulling on Rath's ear. First part of next week, I'll get the website updated.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For what, from who? Sounds like FCR territory, I want to know they will fit for sure before I shell out the ching....

·
Registered
993 Posts
for the edelbrock, sorry. the edelbrock is supposed to go right on without modifying anything. I talked to edelbrock a few days ago and they clam approx. 4 H.P. from just the carb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts