Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2005 predator 500 won’t start but will pop start i went out riding and was really giving it to the quad i stopped the quad and let it cool down and went to start it but it wouldn’t start it was just buzzing but it wasn’t coming from the starter it was coming from the battery or a wire next to it and i noticed most of the wires were hanging down when they weren’t before any idea why it won’t start and what the button is i’ve been told bad battery,cylinder, solenoid help?

·
Registered
2005 Polaris Predator 500+ Custom
2 Posts
my 2005 predator 500 won’t start but will pop start i went out riding and was really giving it to the quad i stopped the quad and let it cool down and went to start it but it wouldn’t start it was just buzzing but it wasn’t coming from the starter it was coming from the battery or a wire next to it and i noticed most of the wires were hanging down when they weren’t before any idea why it won’t start and what the button is i’ve been told bad battery,cylinder, solenoid help?
I have a 500 predator custom race quad I've done a lot of work to Andy without run at 7:00 raptor and will do 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds.... I had a problem with starting last year....had the had the stator replaced twice....because mechanics at shops are IDIOTS. if you have ran down every wire stator is good ...remember the little emergency shut off switch that goes to the lame wrist band....the spring in that switch goes bad...shuts off spark....you can have lights neutral lights everything seem perfect but no start...I spent 2 grand on staters had then replaced twice then accidently found that little push on piece of rubber that goes to wrist band....had failed....made a rubber peice to push it all the way in and lock it down...never a problem again...START there that push pin switch fails.

·
Registered
2005 Polaris Predator 500+ Custom
2 Posts
If that doesn't fix it contact me...I went through every single piece of the entire quad..no one knows the predator like I do...I still have mine it's my baby and its the greatest quad ever built. I out ran a banshee last month...built and adjusted right nothing is faster...I eat 660 and 700 raptors like they are sitting still I have wheelied at 75 miles an hour...built correctly nothing is faster than a predator....and if you people read this and disagree....F You...I'll leave you sitting still idiot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts