Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new to the form, i realize that this question has been asked on here before. i read them. but its not helping with my problem. so ill start here. i got a 03 predator 500. just had the top end all apart for some mods. what i have now is a complete aluminium non pressurized air box with twin k&n air filters. a stage 3 dynojet carb kit, weisco 12.5/1 high compression piston, and a complete big gun evo r exhaust. not heres where the problems begin. i live a sea level and never get over 3000 ft. so the dynojet kit says set the needle at the 2nd notch, and from what i get out it, with my mods used a 175 main jet and 3 turns on the air mix screw. thats what i did. and at 3/4 to full throttle im getting the seem to be famous popping almost like a rev limiter but i know its no where near there.
so i read some of the forms on here, checked my plug, it was black, changed the needle positions with no change, messed with the mix screw with no change. so i just changed the main jet went from the 175 to the 170 in the kit. now the popping is gone but i cant get full revs out of it (no popping but not reaching the rev limiter), and its boggy when hit from idle to wide open and seems like it has no power. not sure where to go from here any help would be great thanks in advance and cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
update: just changed the main jet to a 180 and still no popping and power is back a bit but will barley pull wheelie in first gear even before with the 175 mj and the popping it was great on the bottom i have no sweet clue whats going on here and im getting pretty discouraged

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i dont feel like getting ripped a new one, every shop around here is no good. ive checked and re checked the cam timing, and nothing has changed, unless i bent some valves somehow. my symptoms now is the bike just dosnt have any power. feels like im drive a 250. ive changed jets, set and reset the timing (actually stripped the motor down to see the dot on the crank and set it with the brass links, now when i check it it comes up perfect). i dont know where to go from here???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts