Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Predator carb settings

Walterc, first of all its always a good idea to document all changes with results and make only 1 change at a time!. From what I understand: Lets Go back the original settings; stock pilot with idel jet screw at 3 turns, needle at 2nd notch, and 175 main. You are getting Popping? did popping start at 3/4 all the way thru full thorttle? (with the black plug) this means you were rich at top end only. Drop 2 main jet sizes. try it again. While you are changing back to these settings: with air cleaner removed, make sure the slide moves up & down freely. push up with your finger, it should return freely. (these get gummed up sometimes). NOW-- if the popping is only close to the WOT position you may be hitting the rev limiter, you would be supprised how quick these can rev with the mods you have made. If you get this running decient you might consider using the stock needle on the 4th notch, the Dynojet has more taper and causes a slightly rich condition in the mid range. And for the future, I have a Rev baox for your quad, I would sell for $40 plus shipping ( all of our bikes are 05-07) I hope this helps you and I totaly understand how frustrating this can be. Let me know how it goes for you
SJ

1 - 1 of 1 Posts