Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ok, I have been lookin at this machine for 2 years now, and now next summer its mine, and is there anything I need to know.. and what accessories do i need to get??? And i've been wonderin about the pipe, is the stock pipe have an ok sound, or sound like any other quad out there????

L8R

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Alright kid...lol. Firs off get used to this thing until you do mods it is like a two stroke power band and loves to stay high. once you do that i would mess with the gearing. Get a 13 front tooth and a 38 rear. i run a 14/38 and really like it but that is because i have alot more power so i switched back from the 13/38. depends on your riding really. Next when your ready get pipe and filter. K&N drop-ins, as i have heard and mine did it too, have leaked so you might want to do something about that. then get a pipe i got the pro circuit and love it, very wide torque band. you will need to rejet. you might consider getting the ru-1770 filter i believe it is but that will require mor ejetting changes but if you can get it right the engine will come alive. after that i would say it is all up to you. i got nerfs and tether and some other goodies like shock covers and some light covers that look pretty pimp. Its all up to you but thats the way i went.

By the way i am using a K&N for a 01 trailblazer 250 and it is cool because my dealer had some water resistant covers for the filter that were bleu and had polaris on it. I will post some picks. this might sound weird but i didnt get my jets in that i ordered yet so i have it at a 167.5 main right now and i had to tape off about 2/5 of the filter because it was getting to much air.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Curious..youve' been wanting it for two years..its only been out for one! ;)

Your picking a great quad..take it easy first..it'll bite ya if your not carefull! ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scott_B, i was searchin on Polaris's (I AM LOYAL TO POLARIS, ALL I'M EVER GOING TO BUY!!!!!) site then, and it had a link to the Predator at the bottom in the press releases.... Like where the new 2004 Race ready sled..... (Looks like fun!!!)

L8R

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Ok on raths forum i seen where somebody said there will be a 450 for 2005, anybody else heard this?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Better check on that USA buyin' stuff. After all the engine in the Predator is Japanese. Predator_96 had the mods in the right order.

Enjoy your Pred lefty.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
who does make that...what company?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok ok, so now one question thats been on my mind, is this beast a good trail rider, im not into the casual riding i like to ride agressive but not kill your self fast, but if i want to casually go out riding, will she let me? or will she get "cranky" and die/cutoff??? And some racing is intended. but if that will affect the trails, thats what it would mainly be used for...

L8R

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
lefty the pred will trail ride all day long !!! I think that you will love it!!

FUGI heavy industries has been the main motor supplier to Polaris for a long time, it was only when Polaris went to their twin cyl (now called liberty motor) sled motor that they,Polaris, started making their own motors.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yep it'll trail ride just fine even at slow speeds( I was stuck behind a breeze in our group). Then when you want to give it a Rip it just screams BRING IT!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts