Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 6 yr old a Predator 50 and it is way to slow. he's been riding a dinli doino for over a year.The Predator is just a dog, I removed the electronic speed control but its still has a very slow top speed. Does any one know how to increase the top speed and also where to purches the parts to do it. any and all help is appreciated thanx

·
Registered
839 Posts
They top out at 20 mph for safety reasons (CSPC). Contact Hetrick Racing or Hardrock Motorsports on info to make it faster.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here is a site that may be able to help you out. I am pretty sure the Alpha sport 50 and the Pred. 50 are pretty much the same. Give'em a call and see what they have to say.

http://www.miniquadracing.com/Alpha5070parts.html

Rathracing.com

WRHRACING.com

hetrickracing.com

Hardrockmotorsports.com

·
Registered
266 Posts
I read a post from Raptor720 and he said don't even try to modify the pre 50, it can't handle it, they tried all kinds of different things and it couldn't handle the mods.
I hate to say this but you should've went straight to the pred 90 and keep the restrictor in.

·
Registered
559 Posts
ABNRGR75,

Welcome to this forum. We don't see "1" posting very often.

From a rough riding / jumping / bumpy ride perspective, the Pred-50 won't handle it. I've read many posts from Pred-50 folks stating their A-Arms bend, tie rod bends, etc. etc. If your "young rider" needs more fast speed for smooth riding surfaces, then you may want to perform a few performance mods to it. Little things like CDI, Air Filter, Pipe upgrade (if they make one for it) will give it more top end speed. Possibly to satisfy his needs for the next 2 years. If your "young rider" does rough bumps, jumps, corners, etc, then you may want to consider getting him a 90cc unit in the future. The Pred-90s (and other 90s) are made for rougher riding conditions and can be modified for unique riding conditions with less hassle and cost.

Hope this helps...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts