Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm currious if any of you own both or have ridden both bikes? i want to know over all handling , suspension plushness , and of course over all power...

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
i got to ride a yfz last weekend in the sand for a couple drags, nice bike, powerful strong runer, didnt take it on any trails, felt wierd to me is so small like riding a 90 cc or something. just used to riding the pred so it was really different, cant say i wouldnt take one though if you were giving it to me, unlike the craptor

·
Registered
160 Posts
i have ridden a freinds and it felt very small to me. the power felt good, but its to narrow (wide a-arms are a must) the suspension worked better when going fast, slow was kinda harsh. very light too, i could feel the weight diffence.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I've also ridden both machines, the yfz's suspension is a little stiff for slower rides, but other than that I liked it much better, I'm 6'2" and I felt good on it, didn't seem too small at all. similar to a 250R, but with a harder seat. very well balanced machine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a YFZ450, Raptor and 400EX and I have owned many three and four wheelers ove the past twenty years as well as having the oportunity to ride a Predator and to be honest there is nothing produced today or even in the past that can compare to the YFZ450, not even the 250R. The bike is that good. It is simply the most powerful best handling ATV I have ever ridden.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not if you know how to ride buddy, and can get out of 2nd gear!

·
Registered
119 Posts
yfz is one ugly quad. even if its 62lbs lighter i would not be seen on one.besides the predator does have more power and in the real world the predator is doing just as good. on flat hard ground the mighty predator will beat the yfz ever time.All you got to do is get some traction with the predator 03 that is. The 04 should get better traction with the shorter swing arm.that 04 troy lee is the best looking quad out there to date. 03 predator, 12.5 piston, vortexcdi, white brothers open ended, 200 main, 50 pilot, hot seat high flow filter. yfz killer, ds and raptor to.

·
Registered
993 Posts
if all your doing is riding on "flat hard ground" you might as well drive your car/truck, some people prefer to use there quads for other purposes.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
My 04 has about 3 more coils and they are thicker than my 03 has. I am still breaking it in but launching this thing is goignto be a nightmare! No squat at all just pulls the front up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i actually ride my predator it dont set in my garage for 6 months out of the year. and i ride ever where.all terrain.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I ride at least one of my quads every day, they never sit for any length of time. You were comparing the bikes by there performance on hard flat ground, a terrain that is not very familliar with most riders of atvs. Therfor not a very good comparisn.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Im not a yamaha dog fan at all. I havent ridden the yamaha 450, but the last few races Ive been too, those machines have impressed me quite a bit. Coming out of the corners, I would say they are just about the quickest machines out there. (On that track) The only machines the 450's and its riders cant catch is the 18 year old kid on what it looks to be a high dollar 250R.

RED

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Well i ride my quad a couple times a week because i have a life! Your quads must be worn down or u spend alot on maintence. Didnt u sell your predator or was that someone else? If so what all do you ride?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Why must my quads be worn down? I take care of my stuff and every quad I own looks and performs better than it did off the showroom floor, some people know how to maintain and take care of there stuff. I have a life also, it just involves quads, it's too bad you too cannot ride yours more, then maybe you would have less time to make an ass out of yourself on the computer.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Hey you were the one saying how impressed we should be about how much you ride your quad. And what is the best comparison for quads since you seem to set so many of the standards. I can be a complete jackass or a really nice guy. :)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Do you have reading troubles or problems with understanding what you read? I don't recall trying to impress anyone, actually you assumed that my quads sat for 6-months out of the year and I told you otherwise, how does that turn into trying to impress someone? I understand your a bit slow, but come on, at least try to make some sense with what you say. Do you know what ORV stands for? Why would you compare two quads by there performance on flat hard ground, why not compare them in the enviorment that they were designed to be used in? So what words are you going to put in my mouth now? You seem to be good at comming up with false information. You should know the facts before you open you mouth.

·
Registered
119 Posts
ring you seem like you like to ague alott. i bet you are hard to get along with.Your allways right.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Now Children! If you both can't get along then I am going to run an ad in the paper and sell both your quads! LOL!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
First of all those words were directly from the book a direct quote! You told the guy the way that he was comparing quads was wrong. How can it be wrong? Well it wasnt your way of comparing the quads.

·
Registered
993 Posts
not hard at all to get along with, just think it's pretty stupid to compare two atvs on a flat hard surface. Wouldn't the smart thing to do be to compare them in the terrain that they were intended for? Are both of you under the same rock? What are you doing under there?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts