Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the post (matt's ported head) on super bike's fourm. There is a photo of it. I can't wait to get it all back together.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd like to see the actual flow bench data on the improvements.......

When Powroll ported my 400cc stroker big bore cammed Warrior, I saw 10-30% gains across the board.

documented facts and data is the only way to go.

I've got the spread sheet flow database on my website.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'm with Heapster, let's see some numbers. Kodak moments are everywhere. Say cheese. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Meyerz, is this soon soon, sooner, so so soon, for some magazine article stating CFM gains?. If you already got your head polished, what was the flow bench data, or did somebody just radius some corners and dress up the ports for you without documenting the gains?

For the sake of factual CFM flow data, you can view what Powroll of Oregon did with my 400cc Stroker big bore cammed Warrior motor Head. They provided several before and after flow bench testings of the head to provide factual gains.

Note most of the porting gains came from the intake (up to 30%) but the exhaust gains were minimal (up to 10%)

Enjoy:

http://www.geocities.com/kiwi_craig/GRAPH.htm

Any questions? Lets talk flow! Any engine is basically an airpump. More air in with least restrictive exhaust means more power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts