Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed a Survey from Polaris asking what I would like to see change on the Hawkeye lineup.

Their options were:
a) 400 engine
b) 450 engine
c) 500 ho carbed engine
d) keep the same

and a bunch other questions but this is the one I commented on,
I wrote that they should drop the sp450, and put the 400 engine AND the drive system into the Hawkeye and do away with the 300engine and sluggish drive system of the current Hawkeye setup.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Good job! I gotta talk to the owner at the dealer I've been working with to see if he's gotten his survey yet.

I would suggest they do the 400 and 500 HO motors... I kinda doubt they will put in the Sportsman driveline, but then again, they may have to given the power output of the larger motors. Or they may just beef up the existing one.

I think the 300 is a joke, mainly because it vibrates too darn much. I also hate that you have to disassemble half of the machine to get to the carb or to get the clutch cover off (and pull the LR wheel). We jet and clutch ours when we set them up, so I've had to do this a number of times, and I really hate it. The clutch cover is a PITA to get back on too.

What I'd REALLY like to see is the 500 EFI motor in it, or (better yet) have them adapt EFI to the 400. EFI is the way to go; it's soooo nice not having to deal with carbs. I may have to put a Holzman ATACC on my Grizzly just so I can stop dinking with the carb.

BTW, while I'm at it, I don't like the Warn 1500 winch. Installation is easy enough, but it doesn't have the ability to unlock it to spool it out by hand like the 2000/2500 models do. This is the main reason I would not buy one of those winches of I had a Hawkeye. I would find another brand winch that had it, or simply put a 2500 on it.

Lastly... I'd like to see a tachometer on the Hawkeye.

Rob

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
A bigger more powerfull motor would be nice!

Did they ask any Q's about the Scrambler line???

Jim

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope. soryy jimmy. I think they are pretty happy with the sales of that lineup.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I heard the sales of the Scramblers were down.
IMO they need an update to the chassis etc.

Jim

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They need lots of updates on the Scramy, but we Order two or three a yr and sell them as soon as we get them setup. I don't think they make too many of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts