Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped off my Predator at my dealer yesterday and demonstrated the problem to them (they said they couldn't duplicate it before; uh, okay whatever). They said they would contact Polaris about the problem.

They did, and Polaris now acknowledges that there is a problem with the master cylinder. He didn't go so far to say that they've said it's a defective design, just that there is a problem. They're sending a new one out under warraty. It should be ready to be picked up later next week when I return from my trip.

So we'll see if this cures the problem or if it comes back again (meaning the cylinder design is defective, which myself and some others feel).

Rob

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am going to have to take mine in to my dealer soon, keep us posted rob

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Rob, I pick up mine today... Ill let you know how it turned out ..BTW.. did they say it was the boot issue like I was told???

·
Registered
2 Posts
rob or anyone can u tell me what kind of problem you r having with your brakes or master cylinder? i might be having the same problem the problem i am having is that i losing pressure in my back breaks

·
Registered
147 Posts
QUADJUNKIES- What have you found out when you picked up your ride today? Just wondering if it's going to be a recall issue. My dealer is pretty cool, but I think of the 5 or 6 Preds he sold, I'm the only one that talks to him about them. I'm going to call him tomorrow and see if anyone else has had problems with their front breaks hangin.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
well, they said polaris was aware of the issue and is trying to come up with a solution and awating to hear back from them,since they went ahead and replaced the parts,they just said to ride it the way it is until they here further...My dealer still feels it has more to do with the calipers than the cylinder though...Sorry I dont have any new info justyet, but I will post anything new I have ASAP....Tina :) He has a copy of this thread as well as others for review to try and come up with some solutions, he soent roughly 4 hours trying to figure it out,and hes still not sure either...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts