Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have not been on much , and it may be old news,but on purepolaris.com polaris sells more stuff for the pred. clutch baskets,hyd.clutch,steering dampener,billet wheel hubs, radiator scoops, some other stuff

did everyone read about the 440 kit? it sounds pretty nice too,hopefully they will sell the cdi separately also

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just in case someone missed it:http://www.polarisindustries.com/aboutUs/news/default.asp?articleid=FB776742-90B2-42F7-B0A4-F822B3C1FE4F&newsHeadline=Polaris+Announces+Predator+440+Race+Kit

Minneapolis, July 22, 2003) Polaris is announcing the release of the Predator 440 engine kit. The high-revving, race-ready engine will allow the Predator to be raced in Pro Production classes in ATV racing circuits.

The 440 kit is more than just a piston on a diet. The kit includes all the components to build a complete, race-ready engine: Cylinder; cylinder head; piston; intake and exhaust valves; CDI system; gaskets; and all the har necessary for complete installation.

Like the 500, the new cylinder wall is coated in NiCaSil for improved cooling and maximum durability. The forged piston is designed to withstand the demanding performance of racing, and the lightweight material reduces reciprocating mass for improved responsiveness and quicker revving. The valve configuration, combined with the cylinder head design, optimizes low-end performance, and the new ignition system increases the rev limiter versus the stock Predator 500 for increased top end performance. The sum of the parts gives the 440 power characteristics of the 500 – hard hitting, high-revving power in a race-ready chassis.

The Predator chassis already features a competition-ready chromoly rear axle, steel braided brake lines, Douglas aluminum wheels, and Maxxis Razr™ tires. The unique PRO steering and suspension geometry are the cause of awards, and podium finishes alike. The Predator 440 kit, from Polaris, makes the podium for Pro Production classes there for the taking.

The Predator, with its combination of power, handling, and suspension – the sweet spot – received three, “Sport ATV of the Year” titles from ATV Sport magazine, Canada’s ATV Rider magazine, and the 2003 ATV Guide.

With the Predator 440 kit having limited, race-only availability, racers are urged to order through authorized Polaris dealers now. The 440 kits will be available in November and have a suggested retail price of $1,169.99.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm not crazy, but maybe I miss thing. Or maybe I lost my mind, why would I pay $1,169.99 Just to race in the 450 class. I did'nt see where I lost any weight on this diet. HHMM, (not to be a **** head) but I would think I could Just piss (Drink more beer) band spend my money.

later

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I agree with ya Chilly. Is this $1,169.99 mod gonna make me go $1,169.99 worth faster?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I doubt it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts