Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
u guys with the 400 polaris Xplorers or n e chain drive machines ,, have much problems with ur chains ,, mine a few days ago the rear one started making Snapping noises, (usually under hard accel,, or hill climbing) ,,than not shortly after that chain kept comming off,, so i tighten it up ,,,,,, still kept coming off,,,,,, and today when spinning around in the driveway it broke off ,,

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Probably worth replacing the chain on an older machine like that. Also check your sprockets too... might be worth replacing them as well. I would also recommend buying a chain tool and some replacement links in case you ever have the chain come apart while you're out riding. That way you can put it back together and still get back.

Rob

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rob ,, ya one thing i notice when i picked it up off the ground is that it is stuff ,, wont straighten out,( & i keep it oiled after every sec ride !!!) so for now i took one i had lying around from an 86 Honda ATC 250R and put that one on seems to be the exact same chain(which is nice & loose) and so far riding it,,,it never made a sound yet ,,,

Brian

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I would get a new chain and sprokets, you can buy teh set from like $50 on up.

mine...
I ended up getting the JT Hi-Tensile steel sprockets (13f/36r) and EK Quadra-X ring 520SRX Gold chain (78p) from www.MagicRacing.com (local shop) for $85 as a kit.

PRIMARY DRIVE brand sprockets and chains from

Rocky Mnt. are very affordable.

the chain is almost always around $50 but the front sprockets are $6.99

and the rears are $14.99

chain info...

http://www.ekchain.com/faqs.htm

http://www.sidewindersprockets.com/toc.htm

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yaa thats not bad !!!,,, since i put that ol 250R chain on Never had a problem yet,,NO noises :) ,,,,,, not sure if im gonna keep the machine n e way ???????,,,, ,, Kinda looking towards a Kawie 650i or 750i ???? but my better half wants me to keep the polaris ,,,soooo i may end up putting new spockets & chains on after all LOL ,,,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts