Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally rolled my Predator over onto her bars. Caught some soft snow trying to turn around and she spit me off! Since she doesnt have reverse, a little gas and some fancy clutching usually gets her turned around. Not this time. To my surpise the only damage was a slightly bent front fender support and a small burn on the inside corner of the right front fender where it contacted the header. I had to pull on the front and rear fenders to get'em straight again but no cracks what so ever. Not even a white stress mark! Pretty impressive for only being around 25 degrees that day. Maybe all that rattling is for good reason, FLEXIBLITLY! Who knows, but whatever, it works.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I wish my fenders didnt get all bent out of shape. My rears look like they are all sad(droopy) compared to when i first bought it.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Mine rolled over, but it was in the sand... my plastics are fine.

If fenders are sagging, I'm kinda thinking one possible solution is to leave your machine out in the sunshine, once the weather warms up, and prop the fenders up with something. The heat of the sun will warm up the plastic and allow it to bend a bit more. Leave it out all night too so when it cools down, it'll stay in the same place. Then the next day, maybe it'll be better.

Or maybe I'm just FOS and this won't work at all... dunno, it was an idea.

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
With a combination of being fairly new to the sport + choosing the prdator as my first quad + being dumb enough to try and push it to the limit, I've rolled my predator pretty badly 3 times. I have no stretch marks or any broken plastic, only a few cracked stickers which came off the front fenders(due to below freezing temps) and that little latch that holds the front plastic to the gas tank on the left side broke off (from the plastic not the tank..) It just sticks up a little bit with some readjusting of some screws so it doesn't rattle

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello All-
Has anyone experience problems with the TLD graphics? Mine are peeling, chipping off and bubbling like crazy! It's almost like they rushed putting them on at the factory (bike wasn't clean or something)... I am actually pretty unhappy about it. I contacted Polaris, they told me I had to go through my dealer... I sent the dealer some digital pics, just have to wait and see if they fix me up I guess.

-Ren

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I've rolled my quad a coupla times. I wish the plastic wernt so stiff and thick. OH well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I should be a little smarter but the other night trying to keep up with a friend on a snowmobile I fliped pretty hard. The right rear fender broke completly off. The front fender is cracked right down the middle. It's going to be very expensive for all new fenders. Any suggestions besides slow down...

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I know what you mean about the front fender cracking down the center. My friend and I did the same thing. The front piece costed us 190 plus 70 bucks for the decals!!! argh

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got an estimate its going to be like $1000.00 till iam all said and done. The fenders alone were like 500.00 and like you said the decals were another 400.00 I cant believe this stuff is that expensive. I really would have like to put this money for some mods. my predator is still completely stock.

·
Registered
33 Posts
$400 for decals?!?!? Man, if I were you, I'd just leave the decals off. Nothing wrong with the clean look. :)

- Tooth

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Hey man I would just hold off on the fenders. Every once in awhile I see plastics for Predators on ebay. might wanna wait and check up on there. I remember i saw the front clip for 45 bucks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey bigmike, that sounds really steep. I would check some other dealers. Also you can try calling evansville superbike shop. they seem to be pretty fair as far as pricing goes. There site is www.esuperbikeshop.com As far as the decals go, wait. aftermarket companies like N-style will come out with graphic kits that will run around 150 with a seat cover. ESBS is supposed to be coming out with a kit too. Good Luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys, I thought that was a little steep too. Iam definetly going to hold off. I need exhaust and jett first.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The hook under the right side of the plastic that holds it to the gas tank broke when i rolled it, and it was wigglin around, but recently i cut the fenders to look like daryl rath's so it looks awesome and it doesnt wobble. i'll have some pics up soon.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Troyleepred, The same thing happened to me so I cut my fenders too, but I JB welded the plastic back on. I need to get pics too. They look tough now. That's what happens when you let the ol'lady ride your Predator.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Hey everyone I found a really cheap quick and easy fix for rattling plastics and if the clips are broken. I broke both the clips holding the fenders on the side of the tank so I drilled to little holes(one on each fender) at the very edge of the fenders where it comes to a point. Then I used a shoelace and I ran it through the two sides and just pulled them really tight and tied it and cut off the excess ****. I havnt had a problem or heard a noise since.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of thier plastics that have been cut or shaved?? I have been thinking of doing it but wanted to get some ideas of how first. Can anyone help??? Thanks

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
they look real good!!! I wish I cold post the pic someone else posted for me, but when I do mine this next week, ill email you a pic of mine if you like.....:) Tina...........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts