Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some info because i dont knwo much about what will happen with a higher compression psiton. I might have to go aftermarket as me and my dealer were talking about that poalris doesnt offer and bigger bore pistons, and am going to have to bore the engine too if they dont end up paying for the parts. What is the highest compression i can go without changing anything on the engine? or is it even possible to do ths without getting new and and cdi. Please help thanks.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and any recommended companys?

·
Registered
88 Posts
HPD send them your Cylinder and they bore it for you for $225.00, $150.00-200.00 more for the piston and gaskets to get you to 558cc's. Call them or go here:

http://www.hpd-inc.com/

·
Registered
315 Posts
That sounds pretty pricy for piston and a bore. I could get it done for half of that locally and save shippping costs.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
ya but i believe you need a new sleeve to go to 558CC if im not mistake which installing and removing the sleeve is pricey which $225 isnt bad....a bore job and sleeve change are totally different....the price for piston and gaskets is dead on....if u want the best you have to be willing to fork out the $$$$ u buy cheap **** or find the cheap way out guess what happens...u end up paying more in the end after the cheap **** breaks or ruins your motor....TLP

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
u dont have to do any porting or cam changes with these pistons? again i dont need one now, but i was curious if anyone made a over bored one. Not a big bore kit

·
Registered
525 Posts
Predator19 & TroyLeePredo3 H.P.D. does electrofusion, not a cheap sleeve. You want (HEAT THEN SLEEVE). You want (RIGHT CALL H.P.D. 763-389-3336) You want a handle settup (Shock set-up [email protected]).
(Predator_96) A higher compression piston will make this mach i-scream like a different mach. 91 gas at 12/5/1 settup stock bore. But than again you will need the springs, just to be safe. And a new c.d.i. which you can buy down the road. To make the most out of this mach. H.P.D. and Rath have been here for a long time.

later

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright yeha i figured that there was more to it than just putting in a piston and callin it good.

The cost for atv stuff is so high, when you buy a cat back system ou can compare it to a good slip on, and when i bough a cam for my 400 small blobk i knwo it wasnt 300 or so dollars lol.

·
Registered
128 Posts
When its all said & done your probably looking at a good $2,500 give or take a thousand, more like give.

Just wish someone besides Edelbrock would come out with a flat slide carb in the $400 range.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought the valve spring set, big bore gasket, gasket, big bore piston, and spark plug with shipping and handling for only $254.54. For $225 they don't re-sleeve, they re-nickel plate it, that the owner says will outlast the piston and everything else on the motor. they told me it would be a 2 week turn-around. It only took a little over a week. I also bought their CDI box for $419. Now the killer is the labor on having all that put on cost me $400. You do not need the cams, but if you want to get them, it will handle them no problem. I am heading to Wynoka to tear up some YFZ's on Oct. 16th. Oh, did I mention that my quad now "SCREAMS LIKE A RAPED APE". Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts