Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WENT TO CHANGE MY PLUG AND HAD A MECHANIC LOOK AT IT AND SAID THERE WAS "PISTON PARTICALS" WHAT DOES THIS MEAN AND BAD OR GOOD ?????????? KINDA IN THE DARK HERE ALL I HAVE IS A STOCK PRED. WITH K&N DROP IN

·
Registered
525 Posts
This is a trick ? right. If not, you are running way to lean. Meltdown says it all. The particals had to be pretty big, to see them. I always check my plugs with a lens. Rejet richer, tell us more.

later

·
Registered
343 Posts
Can you take a pic of your plug and post it? What elevation do you ride at? Your dealer should re-jet for your elevation..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ELEVATION IS AROUND 1400 AND THE PLUG HAS LITTLE LITTLE LITTLE WHITE SPECS???????? BUT THE TIP OF THE PLUG IS TAN MOCHA COLOR

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well if its white then your lean..you want a nice tan color like you said, but the whole plug. no white specs..try going richer and check again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ALSO SCOTT B THE BIKE HAS MAYBE 10 -15 HOURS ON IT SOME GUYS HERE SAID YOUR FIRST PLUG WILL HAVE ALITTLE STUFF ON IT??????? LIKE YOU SAID OPINIONS ARE LIKE ASSHOLES EVERYONE HAS THEM

·
Registered
315 Posts
No its everyone has one and they all stink.

·
Registered
315 Posts
By they way i looked at your plug and I'm pretty sure its running rich. I didnt see any white particles either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Um.....Yeah...its running rich.........LOL

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do you guys think if i add vent holes in the rear of the air box i should rejet maybe start at a 155??????? let me know what you think

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
bsmoked,

I live in Yuma which is not very far from you. I have 6 Uni Vents in the back of my air box and a 160 main jet with a 50 pilot jet. Right now my bike is running flawlessly. I have absolutley no problems with it. I don't know why yours would not run well with a similar set up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
THATS WERE I'M HEADED IN ON HALLOWEEN NIGHT SO THATS WHY I GOT TO GET THIS DONE THANKS FOE THE HELP I'M DOING IT TONIGHT

·
Registered
429 Posts
I actually came across someone who didn't have one....and I don't mean an opinion.
It looks rich.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts