Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some info about going to Pismo. My suburban is 2wd, and I dont have a toyhauler. I hear alot of ppl getting stuck on the beach and you must have 4wd. Is there a place where I can camp in my tent? I was also thinking about renting a toyhauler there. Is there a place I can park my suv and trailer. Thanks for your time. P.S hows the weather in April

·
Registered
431 Posts
It's good to have a 4x4 but I see people with cars at Pismo dunes just don't park tofar intothe beach. You camp at the beach and you could park your vehiclesnext to your camp site. You can pm The Outlaw, he go's out there quite a bit if you need more info.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Showtime would be fine with your 2WD...along as you don't drive in to far in the camp site you should be fine.I drivin in before on my F-150 Lightning but I wouldn't risk it for your first time,make sure you drop the air pressures on your tires about 20-22 psi.I go there once or twice a month so I might just be there that day! By the way the weather in Aprilshould be perfect.../CFIDE/scripts/ajax/FCKeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/shades_smile.gifjust check the forcast at the begining of the week to be sure,hope this helps.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Outlaw do you recommand renting a toyhauler from there? Cause I hear it will be windy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody esle going to be heading to Pismo in April?

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
You don't really need one but it would be alot more comfortable...you don't want to be there when its windy! unless you just plan on riding...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Showtime, I know it's been a week or so since you've posted your questions about Pismo, but I just joined the forum last night. I've been to Pismo a few times and found that the most important issue to be aware of is the tide. I was up there this year on Labor Day Weekend and Boy was that something. There were trailers up the entire stretch of the beach. The only reason we were able to park was for my cousin's budy who had been there 4 days prior and had a spot marked out. The tide began coming in about 4 o'clock that day...fast! The designated driving path btween the trailers and the ocean was under water! So, bacically if had stayed an hour later, we would have had to spend the night. I have a 2WD, so I deflate down to 15psi and didn't have a problem until I had to go into the loose area, but if you stay close to beach you can set up camp and get to the dunes from there. The most weight I have pulled out in the sand with my 2WD would be a single axle trailer with a Banshee and my Predator in tow- NO PROBLEM. As for the weather in April...I have no clue, but I'm sure it's great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts