Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I guess I am the new guy on the block. I just purchased an '03 Predator. I already started the mods. I just put a K and N filter in and the shock covers. I am looking at a pipe next. Any suggestions? Price? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
455 Posts
WB's pipe seems to be the favorite of almost all the members here.

I learned something from my Honda. Its good to build the suspension up first, THEN make your machine faster. Although the mods on my 400EX are mild, it is WAY too much motor for the stock suspension.

So im looking at a front set of Elka Triple rates as a first mod. Now, If I could just talk myself into spending the 900 bucks...lol

Good luck with your mods. Let us know how they work out. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got the HMF pipe on my Pred. It is a little louder than the WB, but I think it sounds and looks better. Have only ridden with it in the snow since installing the pipe, so its kind of hard to tell about the gain at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I've used both pipes and am currently on the HMF. Just seemed to be a little better.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'M W/ FISH. THE HMF HAS GOT A NICE LOOK AND SOUND! IT IS A LITTLE LOUD BUT I KINDA LIKE THAT!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi everyone,

FMF in California has a new pipe and system in the works. Should be out very soon....a few weeks at most...

I may try that one, as a whole system, since I had such good luck with their products in the past. I like my W/B slip-on, but I do want a whole system...and W/B is apparently not going to make one for our Preds...

JJ

·
Registered
118 Posts
To make pred sound like street bike......on a W/Bros pipe install rear of pipe to the following spec.... disc all 8....quiet core insert(tip facing to front of bike and turned down)....shiny end cap.....do not use the the flat plate. It sounds wicked...try it, your neighbors will love it.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
there is a link on atvmag.com about a new exhaust from mbrp..dosen't look to bad

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Quiet?!!! I dont even know the meaning of that word!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey-
I am curious as to what are people's experience with the WBs (PurePolaris) pipe? I put it on and seem to be hitting the rev limiter way sooner than I should (excessive popping on top end), either that or its just not getting enough air, which is what I think is actaully happening. Daryl Rath (RathRacing) talks about cutting a 2x4 inch hole the airbox (was in a recent DirtWheels article) to increase airflow after installing the WBs pipe. I was really hesitant to start hacking the airbox, but after pulling the plug and seeing how rich it was running, I knew I had to do something. A fella on another forum ran across a K&N barrel filter that he claims fits under the seat in place of the airbox snorkel, this sounds like a good option, especially for the sand.
Now, what I decided to do... Thunder Products Inc. makes a product they call (strangely enough) the "TPI Valve", basically a flat "gate" style valve with some type of filter material in it. I decided to go with that instead of the K&N for now (will probably get K&N for first trip to dunes anyway). My plan is to add some Outerwears material to the TPI Valve for extra protection and install it in the back of the aibox below the existing filter.

I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

-Ren

·
Registered
217 Posts
Trinity Racing has their new silencer and header pipe out for the Predator. Looks sweeet and claims to bump the HP up to 50. That's info from their site so i am not sure how accurate that really is.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I am useing a W/B with all the disks and no spark arrestor. I am at 7k Ft above sealevel. I have holes in the airbox and changed the stock jetting to avoid the "popping" that happens with the new silencer and stock jetting.

Raceing a friend with a HMF silencer and MBRAP Header we were about the same. With air box mobs her may be a little faster then me, just a little.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts