Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my father got me a Phoenix 200 back in July of this year, 2017, and It's a good fourwheeler. I have towed mowers, and my old 2011 Sportsman 90. The Phoenix 200 is an 05 model that still even has the original tires on it. It's in great condition except for one thing, It ticks. Not like a death tick before the engine blows a rod or just kills itself, its the sound I had from my Sportsman 90 when I destroyed the starter Bendix on it. I have refilled the oil with the oil it recommends, 0W-40 API Ceritifed SH oil (I used advanced Mobile1 Advanced Sythentic 0W-40, Did great in my 90) But the ticking persists. It recommends To fill it to the halfway mark on the viewing port. Also, just a quick question, should I use a different oil? The new manuals recommend 10W-50, one site said 2W something, and my manual from 2005 says 0W-40. Back to the odd sound, It's hard to pinpoint its location but it seems more towards the front of the motor. I still need to replace the oil filter which I plan to do in Spring.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts