Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got two 90's used. One is 2010 with FMF exhaust and uni filter. They did no adjustments to the carb> I just took it apart and found a 82main clip on position 3 and screw 2 1/4 turns outs. It pops alot on decel. I have used the search function to only find bits and pieces of what adjustments to make on carb. I was looking for something more definitive. I read some upgrading to a 85 jet. is that it? anyadjustments needed on the clip? Any adjustments on the screw. I also want to know so I can do the same adjustments to the other stock 90. I was actually hoping to find the settings on the upgraded quad so I could match it. I was a little dissappointed to find no changes in the carb. I was planning on using a uni filter and billet exhaust tip on the stock 90. Can anyone say if it's worth while or should I put the money towards an exhaust like at Maximun RPM.? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Planned comparison

No replies yet. I have a 85 main jet on the way. I plan to try that and see. I was thinking about doing a head to head comparison of the two atvs. one stock and the other with the uni filter, FMF exhaust and jet change to see if these mods are worth it. Also I plan on modifying stock exhaust , uni filter and jet and see how it stacks up to FMF exhaust.

Maximum RPM - Performance parts for Mini ATVs

Anyone have experience with these exhaust. They claim increases power by 100%. DIeing to know if someone has one of these.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 85 jet and bouncing off the rev limiter

O.K. I put in the 85 main jet. Results are better pull from mid the high RPM which was extremely slow before jet change. Still a pop on decel which is less then 3-4 pops. Also, for the first time I think I hit the rev limiter. I have never hit a rev limiter on anything before. Does it feel like a hesitation at full speed with a return of power? I am still wondering if more gains could be made with a even higher jet. Or could end up being too rich and thus losing power. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think changing the clip position would affect a full throttle acceleration which is what I am testing. I believe only the main jet is involved in that per the repair manual. Now gotta run them side by side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the 85 jet and bouncing off the rev limiter

O.K. I put in the 85 main jet. Results are better pull from mid the high RPM which was extremely slow before jet change. Still a pop on decel which is less then 3-4 pops. Also, for the first time I think I hit the rev limiter. I have never hit a rev limiter on anything before. Does it feel like a hesitation at full speed with a return of power? I am still wondering if more gains could be made with a even higher jet. Or could end up being too rich and thus losing power. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think changing the clip position would affect a full throttle acceleration which is what I am testing. I believe only the main jet is involved in that per the repair manual. Now gotta run them side by side.
Billglass,

i know these are old post but just curious how all of this worked out for you and what your final onions were?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts