Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 outlaw 450 mxr that I got cheap cause the motor was in pieces so i get the crank rebuild kit & have it rebuilt I get it all back together, started it and it ran but something on the clutch side sounded terrible so I figured starter clutch bearing,i rode it for a few minutes for 2 days and it shut off and didn't start anymore so I checked for spark and had none,took the stator cover off and the magnets were everywhere so I cleaned it and got another flywheel and pickup coil,I also had a procom cdi so it was fried and I read something about procom and big gun don't retard the the timing for start up and it causes kick back takes and out the starter clutch bearing and destroys the flywheel,so like I said I got the oem cdi pickup coil and flywheel and put them on and went for a ride for and it was running good but the starter gears sounded horrible,then it shut off and it destroyed the flywheel again,the only other thing that I can think is maybe my crank and counter balancer are not lined up correctly,Kevin
Automotive tire Vehicle brake Bicycle part Rim Wood

Automotive tire Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Bicycle part Auto part

1 - 1 of 1 Posts